Concern about the standard of Scottish Football

29 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Why can’t we just laugh at Killie instead of making more of it than it is, non OF Scottish teams have always lost to diddy teams in Q1/Q2 in Europe it’s nothing new 

This. 

I'm in favour of let's just laugh at them, and maybe  help fellow football fans at Connah's Quay  by suggesting on their facebook site some  contacts for Killie Supporter's clubs who might offer them cheap flight tickets for Belgrade.

https://www.facebook.com/gapnomads/

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

He has nothing to prove to LFC whilst in this backwater. He will have it all to prove when he takes over at LFC.

He's guaranteed to be second up here and if he wins a title, a bonus. LFC will NOT be judging him on that difference, as I stated, he is already a given for that job.

I'm getting the impression that you'd like him to fail to try and prove a point.

Unless they end up back to Hodgson era turmoil he won’t get near it if he has a disaster up here. He’s not a given for it. 

As to wanting him to fail, not at all. Just don’t get this notion that we’re blessed to have a rookie manager who’s team bottled 3 competitions last season. A manager who hasn’t won a thing yet is not one we should be losing sleep over where he sees his ‘mid term future. The whole pray no one comes in for Gerrard thing is miles off until he wins something. 

If Killie are that shite and lennon is a dumpling then it should be easy for him to complete what would be seen as our comeback?

He'd be the man to stop celtic's run which down south would be held in high regard especially in comparison to what rodgers did which was doing what he really should have been.

I think Gerrard, if successful, will see out his contract and then go unless Liverpool offered him a deal which I highly doubt in that time frame. If he wins us the title he'll want a crack at the Champions League as well.

35 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I understand your point BA but LFC will have to see Gerrard being successful before he's offered the job,the fans might love him as a player/clubman but he'll have to be proven in management,whether it's in Scotland or elsewhere.Remember what a f**kup McCoist made of the job wi us but still many backed him because of his history.

Again I hear what your saying, but believe me they don't, aside from the fact that he has already shown in his greenhorn season he IS a manager with first class leadership skills.

Do you honestly believe that winning the title in Scotland is such an achievement when  you are manager of Rangers or the scum to be good enough to be a manager of LFC, when in reality, each have only one team to beat and surrounded with shite.  No chance. It's a bit like saying the title winning manager of a Qatar team would be a success in Scotland! 

When we were climbing our way out of the lower leagues, my mrs could have managed the taigs to the title. Mrs Delia even done it! 

There is simply no comparison between the two countries and the future of an icon of Gerrard's pedigree and an LFC one at that, will not be determined by him winning the title with us and LBH, he is never going to make a cunt of it. His name is on that ticket come what may.

In any big business those showing the talent are identified an early age are marked down for stardom in the top jobs and they are fast tracked to get there. Very few fail. Gerrard is one of them.

Do you honestly believe that LFC would not offer him the job because he continued to finish second with us?

What a fuck up by a kilmaurnoack,  the only team that had a bye concerning the treatment of Rangers over the last years and what do they do employ a fenian in denial and he fucks off and leaves them in the shit after causing any relationship in carnage with Rangers they had as fenians do incidently with his anti Rangers stance. Get well soon stevie. Non of them had any concern for the state of Scottish football when the boot was going in and now it's at its self inflicted nadir. What goes around comes around killie included now.

I agree SG's name is on the Anfield ticket but it's not the fans who will need to be convinced,it's the owners/board and it's all about business. If,which I believe he will,do us proud and lift a few trophies,then they will start to take serious notice and it would probably be a quicker route to the LFC hotseat than working his way thru from the U18's.

43 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Unless they end up back to Hodgson era turmoil he won’t get near it if he has a disaster up here. He’s not a given for it. 

As to wanting him to fail, not at all. Just don’t get this notion that we’re blessed to have a rookie manager who’s team bottled 3 competitions last season. A manager who hasn’t won a thing yet is not one we should be losing sleep over where he sees his ‘mid term future. The whole pray no one comes in for Gerrard thing is miles off until he wins something. 

What did Lampard win? 

4 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I agree SG's name is on the Anfield ticket but it's not the fans who will need to be convinced,it's the owners/board and it's all about business. If,which I believe he will,do us proud and lift a few trophies,then they will start to take serious notice and it would probably be a quicker route to the LFC hotseat than working his way thru from the U18's.

Yup quicker route and more with more cred and glory of course. 

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What did Lampard win? 

Isn’t argue he had a better debut season than Gerrard. Debatable admittedly, and besides the point anyway. It’s quite obvious why Lampard got the Chelsea job. 

30 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Isn’t argue he had a better debut season than Gerrard. Debatable admittedly, and besides the point anyway. It’s quite obvious why Lampard got the Chelsea job. 

By doing what most Derby bosses do and choking in the playoffs? 

So whats the obvious reason for Chelsea hiring Lampard? 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

By doing what most Derby bosses do and choking in the playoffs? 

So whats the obvious reason for Chelsea hiring Lampard? 

Do most Rangers bosses bottle all competitions?

Transfer ban on a club where your sacked within 3 seasons regardless

Happy to debate on the podcast next week x 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Like Lampard or OGS?

It’s different with Lampard though. Liverpool are winning the CL and challenging for leagues, while Chelsea are under a transfer embargo and a lot less pressure now than usual. Easy to see he’ll be given a bit of patience from the club and fans imo

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s different with Lampard though. Liverpool are winning the CL and challenging for leagues, while Chelsea are under a transfer embargo and a lot less pressure now than usual. Easy to see he’ll be given a bit of patience from the club and fans imo

This, I'd like to see Lampard do well at Chelsea , ex player etc, seems like a good guy as well, as for our man Gerrard, I think Liverpool will be watching him closely, it would be the dream appointment for them, however, if he doesn't win a  2 horse race up here, they may look elsewhere,?

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

Absolutely Blu.  Hundreds of millions at stake leaves no room for compassion or tradition. Especially when money men are calling the shots. 

Having said that SG is displaying all the qualities required at the moment.  Just needs to deliver results to back that up. 

When the bread man arrived many, including myself were creaming themselves over what he was doing behind the scenes - so silverware aplenty is required before the likes of Liverpool come knocking. 

18 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

This, I'd like to see Lampard do well at Chelsea , ex player etc, seems like a good guy as well, as for our man Gerrard, I think Liverpool will be watching him closely, it would be the dream appointment for them, however, if he doesn't win a  2 horse race up here, they may look elsewhere,?

Hope Chelsea win fuck all and same for Liverpool 😂

18 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

The two of them will do well.