David Bates

pcbear

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

I had a few arguments on here about Bates, I’d rather play mayo every week than him, I’m glad they days are over and we have a far superior players at ch now than people creaming themselves about this big lump of wid

he will never play for a team as big as Rangers, not because I have anything against him just because he’s not very talented at football

might be harsh to call him a hammer thrower but he’s more that, than a footballer for me

Mayo has played how many games for the first team in pre season?

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

My point was how can you possibly compare his ability to Bates who played first team football for us and is playing regularly in Bundesliga2?

I didn’t see the messiah in Bates some people did I thought he was horrendous at a time he wasn’t the biggest problem, dosent hid the fact I never rated him an it was a travesty imo we even considered a guy with his ability as a 1st team regular, Times change. 

The mayo comment was clearly a throw away comment but I’d still much rather go with a boy we produced and is highly thought of within the academy than a boy that came from raith rovers or wherever he served his apprenticeship 

16 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

I didn’t see the messiah in Bates some people did I thought he was horrendous at a time he wasn’t the biggest problem, dosent hid the fact I never rated him an it was a travesty imo we even considered a guy with his ability as a 1st team regular, Times change. 

The mayo comment was clearly a throw away comment but I’d still much rather go with a boy we produced and is highly thought of within the academy than a boy that came from raith rovers or wherever he served his apprenticeship 

agree with first part, was never good enough for us in the top flight  (kiernan, martin, senderos etc as well)  however where a boy starts out is neither here nor there - if they're better than what we are producing and we manage to get them  then I'm fine with that