insane bbc bias

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I don't get offended by any "biased" reports from the BBC because I don't watch or read any of them.

I don't get offended by any "biased" reports on Clyde 1 because I don't listen to them.

It's a fairly simple concept that some people really need to adopt instead of continuing to give them an audience  when they obviously don't like the content.

Great point this. Vote with your feet (or ears/eyes/wallet).

And to add to what I said above, if we had access to better club-run alternatives then that choice would be so much easier for all fans to make.

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Theres pluses and negatives to everything being inhouse. Theres always going to be more access and financial benefits to the club but you also run tjw risk that everything you get is simply 'cheerleading'. 

If the manager or player is struggling, for example, then inhouse media isnt going to question that and criticise. 

To be fair Dude, if a manager or player is struggling we don’t need the media to point it out.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

'We should be complaining about it because as the OP said they are supposed to be neutral.'  - complaining about what? It's really not a difficult question.

I’m not sure if you’re being serious here but I’ll bite. Complaining about the bias they have against our club! It’s blatant.  They bring us down at every turn. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Theres pluses and negatives to everything being inhouse. Theres always going to be more access and financial benefits to the club but you also run tjw risk that everything you get is simply 'cheerleading'. 

If the manager or player is struggling, for example, then inhouse media isnt going to question that and criticise.

That is when they will ring you.

44 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

To be fair Dude, if a manager or player is struggling we don’t need the media to point it out.

We dont but it can add a whole lot of pressure. The risk of having the club (any club) control the narrative is that you'll only ever read what they want you to read. 

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Including  that article? 

Are you being pedantic? I'm talking in general. Not the article. Do you not think we should complain about the utter bias and contempt that they show us? It's absolutely disgusting to be honest and as a license payer I shouldn't have to put up with it. 

We dont but it can add a whole lot of pressure. The risk of having the club (any club) control the narrative is that you'll only ever read what they want you to read. 

I don’t think I’m alone here but I have no trust in what the press prints.

I appreciate they have to sell papers but all to often that leads to them distorting the truth ie taking quotes totally out of context in order to get headlines and that doesn’t just apply to Rangers.

As for BBC Scotland sports department it’s clear they’re certainly no friends of Rangers. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Is Connie McLaughlin Gollum’s sister?

She was hosting Off the Ball today and was saying how she grew up with the iconic strip that was the cellic bumblebee. It made her heart beat faster to think of the wonderful players who wore it. 🙄

Yes she is, someone mentioned it the other week

I agree - It’s also why you can’t get all Your football information about Rangers from RM - if you did you’d have a very warped view of the world! Or at least a very warped view of football and Rangers. 

I laugh at the Nats and Republicans when they get all bent about media bias and conspiracy. Realistically every writer and reporter has some bias, but most things come out in the wash. Stories get hits and get passed around because they are controversial or stimulate a response. You need balance, reason, a little bit of sense, and the ability to look around, to put things in context. Remember when all the Bravehearts marched on BBC Scotland to protest and when BBC sent someone out to talk the idiots didn't have a spokesman and didn't want to talk to them (rejects).

If you go looking for conspiracy and bias... you're a bit mental.

2 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Haud the bus here...

I have a good wee giggle reading these sort of threads in a sort of "each to their own way of thinking" sort of way and so I don't normally post in them.

But....

Have I just read that correctly that you got annoyed that somebody on the radio referred to us as "Rangers"?  

And with that, I am seriously off to ma kip. 🙈

Mate crackpots on here 

5 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Haud the bus here...

I have a good wee giggle reading these sort of threads in a sort of "each to their own way of thinking" sort of way and so I don't normally post in them.

But....

Have I just read that correctly that you got annoyed that somebody on the radio referred to us as "Rangers"?  

I prefer Sevco tbh mate

3 hours ago, bikerblue said:

Yes she is, someone mentioned it the other week

Surprised nobody knew that for years, she has been at Ibrox umpteen times for BT Sport Saturday score programs -working in the gantry right in front of the directors. The media sector is full of nepotism, so it shouldn't surprise anyone really. 

5 hours ago, TheCutch said:

Haud the bus here...

But....

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I prefer Sevco tbh mate

:mutley:

18 hours ago, The Dude said:

I do. I don't see an anti-Rangers agenda. There are absolutely guys in the media who are anti-Rangers but (from my own experience) I've never seen anything which backs up claims there's an established anti-Rangers editorial stance.

Without doubt there's guys who love nothing more than a chance to stick the boot into us but there are plenty who are just as anti-celtic.

Name some anti tarrier journalists so I can start reading them more.