Travel club

islandblue

Should be renamed non travel club. Likely many others I paid my £20 to join. No trip to Gibraltar was understanding given the time consteaints. No trip to Luxembourg is taking the piss. At least they should have given us an option. Even if the day trip had cost £500 they would have filled a plane as it would have been cheaper than making your own way which would mean 3 days off your work. Time to ditch Thomas Cook 

Good point. A lot of fans (myself included) can’t/don’t want to take days off work to travel independently. 

It was same story in the preliminary rounds last season. I don’t mind giving Rangers the £20 sign-up fee if it’s gonna be used to try and stop the mhanks from winning the league again, but it’s a poor show when they don’t put on official flights.

Pretty sure @fog is also correct. I read somewhere last week that Thomas Cook are nearly going to the wall.

Joined the travel club twice.

First season we got put out of Champions league against Malmo, then out of the Uefa Cup to Maribor. They put in a friendly against Hamburg so went to that but it wasn't quite the same as a meaningful game.

Second time I couldn't make the first round so I was planning on going to the next round... needless to say we got papped out of Progres. Brutal.

13 minutes ago, islandblue said:

The best travel company was Dixon’s. You had to go to Pollockshaws Road  to queue up  which was a pain but they always had flights and were reasonably priced and well run. They nearly always had an option of day flight and overnighter as well

Bang on mate , they were class , stood outside the shop for 5/6 hours many a time 😂, hotels were top notch and the trips were always affordable , if we went back to Dixon now there would be an online booking option , back then that didn’t exist , Thomas cook are a joke supporters wise , they’ll suit Rangers organisers though coz they don’t want us there

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Bang on mate , they were class , stood outside the shop for 5/6 hours many a time 😂, hotels were top notch and the trips were always affordable , if we went back to Dixon now there would be an online booking option , back then that didn’t exist , Thomas cook are a joke supporters wise , they’ll suit Rangers organisers though coz they don’t want us there

Seems like that mate. Thomas Cook also pick the cheapest and shitiest departure times. Last year the flight to Maribor left at 3  in the morning. They also charge way over the top when they can be arsed organising something

3 minutes ago, islandblue said:

Seems like that mate. Thomas Cook also pick the cheapest and shitiest departure times. Last year the flight to Maribor left at 3  in the morning. They also charge way over the top when they can be arsed organising something

Aye shite mate , I won’t be travelling with them I’ll go myself and run the risk of no ticket especially if we get to the groups and the away games are 5:55pm kick offs again , we were just getting to the places quick look round couple of beers then it was time to the game , should be overnight trips 

We went Independant to Maribor and Vienna last year but as I said in OP we needed 3 days off work both times though price wasn’t much more than Thomas Cook ‘s  day trip. Can’t afford that time this year  so was depending on Day trips

16 minutes ago, islandblue said:

Vienna was well organised, good flight times, and reasonably priced. It suited me perfectly work wise for a day trip  for only 300 pounds in and out.

I thought it was professional, I'd do it again in a minute. My issue with them is they're not making enough trips available rather than what they actually offer when they do manage to.

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Vienna was well organised, good flight times, and reasonably priced. It suited me perfectly work wise for a day trip  for only 300 pounds in and out.

I thought it was professional, I'd do it again in a minute. My issue with them is they're not making enough trips available rather than what they actually offer when they do manage to.

Tbh I was so pissed off by the Maribor arrangements that I didn’t really look at Vienna trip with them.

11 hours ago, islandblue said:

Should be renamed non travel club. Likely many others I paid my £20 to join. No trip to Gibraltar was understanding given the time consteaints. No trip to Luxembourg is taking the piss. At least they should have given us an option. Even if the day trip had cost £500 they would have filled a plane as it would have been cheaper than making your own way which would mean 3 days off your work. Time to ditch Thomas Cook 

The travel club is for tickets not guaranteed travel to a game. 

Although I agree that Thomas Cook’s service is a shambles. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I’m guessing you weren't on the flight delayed for 2 hrs home because the plane wasn’t ready, even though it hadn’t moved all day, absolute shambles. 

24 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

I’m guessing you weren't on the flight delayed for 2 hrs home because the plane wasn’t ready, even though it hadn’t moved all day, absolute shambles. 

Yeah actually that's the one I was on. I spoke briefly to Marion from the TO at the time and she said the airport had caused issues with staff access to all the planes. Not sure whether or not it was all Thomas Cook fault.

Regardless, for the £300 for flights and buses to city and from the game, I would certainly do it again. Despite the flight delay, I'd well recommend it to those who want an in/out jaunt sorted for them.

42 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah actually that's the one I was on. I spoke briefly to Marion from the TO at the time and she said the airport had caused issues with staff access to all the planes. Not sure whether or not it was all Thomas Cook fault.

Regardless, for the £300 for flights and buses to city and from the game, I would certainly do it again. Despite the flight delay, I'd well recommend it to those who want an in/out jaunt sorted for them.

And a ticket when your on 0 points.

Not that I'm bitter.