SG appreciation thread

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I can’t get excited at all until he’s won us a title.

Needs to learn from the mistakes he made last year.

Exactly. We have looked a much better team which isn’t saying much after the last few years.

But the proof will be in the silverware. Think we’ve got a real chance at the league this season.

I’ll wait til he’s lifting something above his head before I get over excited.

For some reason Steven Gerrard seems bigger than Rangers to a lot of people these days.

5 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Exactly. We have looked a much better team which isn’t saying much after the last few years.

But the proof will be in the silverware. Think we’ve got a real chance at the league this season.

For some reason Steven Gerrard seems bigger than Rangers to a lot of people these days.

Totally agree with your last sentence.

See for as much as they have regressed for the past two seasons they were still scoring 94th, 95th minute winners last year when the pressure was on. We didn’t play our best football until the league was done and the pressure was off.

Its a mentality thing. Yet to be convinced our manager and the playing squad have the mentality yet.

The vast majority were pro the appointment. Some, including myself, were more guarded, largely due to his lack of experience.

By the time he started I'd say 99.9% including  myself had bought into it and were positive and fully behind him. Dont think there was ever really a split, more line a few dissenters who  came on board.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The vast majority were pro the appointment. Some, including myself, were more guarded, largely due to his lack of experience.

By the time he started I'd say 99.9% including  myself had bought into it and were positive and fully behind him. Dont think there was ever really a split, more line a few dissenters who  came on board.

Until the day he was unveiled I’d say the majority were unhappy.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Canny remember that. I'll blame my stroke rather than old age.

Edit 

When he was unveiled was the vast majority pro appointment?

I’d say that was when the vast majority were buzzing for it and seen a change in people thoughts, even mine. A lot were raging at the time though, probably more down to the 5-0 game.

55 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

For anyone outside of our support that is definitely the case these days. The "Gerrard effect" is a real thing and as much as some seem to hate that fact, it's sadly true. 

5 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I agree wholeheartedly, but never forget that the "Rangers Effect" brought Gerrard. 

100%. Gerrard is a football man, he is the most down to earth man we have had in our corner in years and he understands what we have been through.

Rangers was always going to be a challenge to anyone. For once I really do feel like we are a force to be reckoned with and that is all down to one man.

6 minutes ago, Geo17 said:

For anyone outside of our support that is definitely the case these days. The "Gerrard effect" is a real thing and as much as some seem to hate that fact, it's sadly true. 

100%. Gerrard is a football man, he is the most down to earth man we have had in our corner in years and he understands what we have been through.

Rangers was always going to be a challenge to anyone. For once I really do feel like we are a force to be reckoned with and that is all down to one man.

I’m not talking about outsiders. I get how big Gerrard is. I expect focus to be on him.

Its the Rangers fans who seem to think he’s the reincarnation of Walter Smith that bothers me.

As I’ve said there’s been huge improvement and it is looking good but the proof will be there come May.

I love the man don't get me wrong we ain't climbed the mountain yet but he's gave me back Rangers that sounds cringe but its true. After the carry on with pedro and murty I'd be lying if I said I wasn't seriously worried about our future as a "big club".

Now we are on the cusp of something special we can all feel it now the players must deliver.

8 minutes ago, Geo17 said:

It’s the Rangers fans going ‘oh I can’t quite believe this man is managing our club’ as if we’re a wee team. It’s a guy who with all respect had done fuck all for years really, and in his first managerial job.