Sign in to follow this  
psb07158

*****Official Rangers v Progrès Niederkorn Thread*****

I reckon if Halliday was called Barisic people on here would probably rate him at about £10m 

I think Halliday is being so underated because of who he is and his past but in the last year he's been great whenever playing at LB. I have absolutely no problem with him playing. 

Barisic has the foreigner aspect, came with better potential and has the Croatian international tag and Halliday is the guy from lower English leagues who was shit under Pedro but when you actually watch the two perform under Gerrard then Halliday is far ahead of Barisic at the minute and honestly quite a reliable LB even as a starter. 

Blue Avenger and TopCat like this

Barisic, Katic and Kamara should've started but still expect us to win by a few goals.  Don't mind experimenting with the team a bit at this stage but we'll need to have a settled first choice team by the time the league starts.  Hopefully Halliday doesn't start a lot of games in the league or it's gonna be a tough season.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Mistakes already made for me. Is Edmunson left sided?

I thought he was for some strange reason but I don't think he is left footed. 

15 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I reckon if Halliday was called Barisic people on here would probably rate him at about £10m 

I think Halliday is being so underated because of who he is and his past but in the last year he's been great whenever playing at LB. I have absolutely no problem with him playing. 

Barisic has the foreigner aspect, came with better potential and has the Croatian international tag and Halliday is the guy from lower English leagues who was shit under Pedro but when you actually watch the two perform under Gerrard then Halliday is far ahead of Barisic at the minute and honestly quite a reliable LB even as a starter. 

I honestly think it's the opposite.  Halliday is constantly over hitting crosses or having poor attempts at goal but because people have low expectations they ignore it.  Then they over hype the random aggressive tackles he puts in, usually where the ball goes out for a throw in to the other team.  Whereas people expect Barisic to defend like Paulo Maldini and attack like Roberto Carlos every game.

don2332 likes this

So looks like Tav, Jack and Morelos start as they did two years ago. Those players should be stoked more than anyone else.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Despite 3 assists in last game, no room for Docherty on the bench. Competition is fierce now.

Very surprised at that. I thought he has been excellent since in all his run outs so far. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Despite 3 assists in last game, no room for Docherty on the bench. Competition is fierce now.

He will get plenty game time this season.

7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Didnt, when highlighting your lack of proof it was the TO to blame rather than other likelier options.  As remains the case. 

Hope your postie enjoys watching the game from your seat 😁

Sound.