*****Official Rangers v Progrès Niederkorn Thread*****

RangersMedia

20 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Kamara would be the better option for me, davis trying to showboat nearly conceded a goal, thats not what is required 2nd leg, as you say need to do a professional job.

We should play our best players and Davis is one of them. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think Tav was completely off the boil last night? (Excluding the pen)

Didn’t look entirely pleased at the end of the game either when he went to the UB. 

Maybe looking too much into it?

Anyway, watching the game back again we played some cracking stuff at times, we look much better keeping the ball on the deck rather than aimless crosses into the box. I know it’s early but I reckon Aribo could be that missing piece of the puzzle.

15 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Anyone else think Tav was completely off the boil last night? (Excluding the pen)

Didn’t look entirely pleased at the end of the game either when he went to the UB. 

Anyway, watching the game back again we played some cracking stuff at times, we look much better keeping the ball on the deck rather than aimless crosses into the box. I know it’s early but I reckon Aribo could be that missing piece of the puzzle.

image.png.53e84e3c77c7d618b9404887ab002192.pngimage.png.53e84e3c77c7d618b9404887ab002192.pngimage.png.53e84e3c77c7d618b9404887ab002192.pngimage.png.53e84e3c77c7d618b9404887ab002192.pngimage.png.2601aed43b8bc6bf33145b9ff1c13427.pngimage.png.53e84e3c77c7d618b9404887ab002192.pngimage.png.53e84e3c77c7d618b9404887ab002192.pngimage.png.53e84e3c77c7d618b9404887ab002192.pngimage.png.53e84e3c77c7d618b9404887ab002192.png

3 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

Kamara would be the better option for me, davis trying to showboat nearly conceded a goal, thats not what is required 2nd leg, as you say need to do a professional job.

A professional job? We'll be dropping fucking Tav then!

26 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Off the boil ffs. Any fucking colder, he would have been a corpse.

A fucking dreadful performance by him and he is the fucking captain..

He has a lot of fuckng ground to make up and I give not one fuck how good he was in the second half of last season.  That'ms fucking gone and ALL about the here and now. 

28 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

There is a pic of Tav & Gerrard shaking hands at the end in the Willie Vass photos. A penny for both of their thoughts. I cannot download it at this time.

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Off the boil ffs. Any fucking colder, he would have been a corpse.

A fucking dreadful performance by him and he is the fucking captain..

He has a lot of fuckng ground to make up and I give not one fuck how good he was in the second half of last season.  That'ms fucking gone and ALL about the here and now. 

I agree with your first 2 statements but the third is a bit OTT.

59 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Wasn’t just you mate. He had a shocker.

Final ball was wasteful virtually every time he played it into the opposition box. Jumping for a header, letting the ball go over his head and allowing their winger through on goal. Getting nutmegged and turned inside out a number of times.

Missing the penalty after all that summed his night up tbh. I had a feeling he was gonna miss it based on how his performance had been up until that point.

Not surprised he looked disappointed. He’ll know that he’s so much better than his performance last night.

51 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Wasn’t just you mate. He had a shocker.

Final ball was wasteful virtually every time he played it into the opposition box. Jumping for a header, letting the ball go over his head and allowing their winger through on goal. Getting nutmegged and turned inside out a number of times.

Missing the penalty after all that summed his night up tbh. I had a feeling he was gonna miss it based on how his performance had been up until that point.

Not surprised he looked disappointed. He’ll know that he’s so much better than his performance last night.

Completed 3 crosses with 15 attempts, that’s rotten. 

2 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Think people ar jumping the gun massively here with aribo. Sure he has a few nice touches but so did ejaria, coullibaly to name but a few this time next year. 

Come January if he's still putting in motm performances every other game then yeah I agree but until then he has a lot to prove

7 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

Arguably Tavernier’s worst performance in our jersey.

Don’t think anything will come close to his horror show at Tynecastle or the Final of the Scottish 

Just now, Lloyd said:

Don’t think anything will come close to his horror show at Tynecastle or the Final of the Scottish 

Was just thinking this as well, he's had a few games that were way beyond last night and in all honesty the games you mentioned would have finished many a player with us in the past. Shows what a lot expect from our captain nowadays I guess but changed days from your goughs and griegs etc

2 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Think people ar jumping the gun massively here with aribo. Sure he has a few nice touches but so did ejaria, coullibaly to name but a few this time next year. 

Come January if he's still putting in motm performances every other game then yeah I agree but until then he has a lot to prove.

He has shown he has a bit of everything in his locker,  not just a few nice touches as you say, both players you have mentioned didnt, dont see the problem, anyone that has seen him play can tell he is a good all round player.

Archived