Davis

GOAT

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

Doesn't say alot for Gerrard when after 3 transfer windows we are still relying on a free transfer, 35 year old rat to make us tick. 

OR it does.... and he’s realised he needs an old head in amongst promising young talent. 

You don’t need to run around like a headless chicken to make a team tick.

3 hours ago, bornabear said:

It wasn't  too many months ago that a hell of a lot of folk wanted him gone.

Shows you what a hell of a lot of RM posters know about football.

This is a common theme on forums do not look too deep into it

Davis imo should be captain he is excellent and born leader.

27 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

tenor (1).gif

My thoughts exactly. Mind blowing that after all the players we've brought in and all the money we've spent that we turned to shit today as soon as a 35 year old was subbed off. 

I will wait a bit longer until I agree with what seems the majority opinion, it seems even when he gives the ball away or any other mistake it is ignored, but Jack or other players are savaged for the same thing. 

Having said that the only thing I am concerned about is 55 and if he contributes to that then that will be great. 

36 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Davis, arfield and aribo the mid 3??

Criminal to drop Kamara (excluding today's performance). 

I think Kamara is better than Arfield but Arfield is the most different to the other players in terms of attacking threat. Aribo looks in a similar vein to Kamara in terms of dribbling ability and turning in tight spaces but possibly offers a better attacking threat. Then there's Jack who I think should be 5th choice but Gerrard likes him and he's been improving lately. 

It's an absolute headache but a welcome one and it's going to be totally down to form. Personally I would rather a midfield 3 of Davis, Kamara and Aribo with Arfield playing in a wider role until/if Kent comes back. Think Arfield offers more than Jones, Hastie etc and it allows him to drop inside and pack the midfield and play off the striker when need be. 

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Criminal to drop Kamara (excluding today's performance). 

I think Kamara is better than Arfield but Arfield is the most different to the other players in terms of attacking threat. Aribo looks in a similar vein to Kamara in terms of dribbling ability and turning in tight spaces but possibly offers a better attacking threat. Then there's Jack who I think should be 5th choice but Gerrard likes him and he's been improving lately. 

It's an absolute headache but a welcome one and it's going to be totally down to form. Personally I would rather a midfield 3 of Davis, Kamara and Aribo with Arfield playing in a wider role until/if Kent comes back. Think Arfield offers more than Jones, Hastie etc and it allows him to drop inside and pack the midfield and play off the striker when need be. 

you are right in saying Arfield belongs in the starting 11.  whether in midfield or front three is debatable but he is a staring 11 player.