Daniel Candeias Leaves to Turkey

Broxi

Just now, teddybear1975 said:

Kent is still developing and coming into the best years of his career. Candeias was arguably in his peak years with us. Poor comparison IMO.

I accept the point about where they are in their careers, but that ultimately effects their value in the transfer market. For me it is what they can deliver for us in the few years they are with us. 

6 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Ant Ryan Kent scored 7 with 8 assists in 47 matches. which is a very similar return if not slightly poorer. 

Kent is 21 and he still won the young player of the year in Scotland because he gets bums of seats and tore celtic apart on more than one occasion.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Comparing Kent & Candeias is like apples and oranges. Kent is currently playing in a Liverpool team, and has the potential to turn into a wonderful pro, Candeias never gets close to playing for Liverpool and his career is winding down. No comparison whatsoever, Kent by miles!

Surely the important thing is what each of them  delivered for Rangers, not what they will do in the rest of their careers.

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Kent is 21 and he still won the young player of the year in Scotland because he gets bums of seats and tore celtic apart on more than one occasion.

Just pointing out Candeias' scoring and assist stats weren't as bad as some would suggest. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

True. And I believe Kent will be even better second time around.

You have taken me back to my very first post on this, which is if Kent does not return and with Candeias away we are putting a lot of faith in Hastie, Jones and Ojo. 

Think he'll only be particularly missed if we make the group stages. A big part in the stupid draws and Scottish cup exit last year, he doesn't have the consistency or compusure for when we're playing against the 10 men behind the ball/clogger shite in Scotland.

Gave his all which is all we ask, goes with best wishes.

15 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

They were though as was Kents but Kent would no doubt improve whereas candeias got worse in his second season.

Check out Hastie, Jones  Ojo and Stewart stats and you will see they need to deliver more this season than they have in the past couple. now we might be attacking more in games which will help but I personally would have felt better if we still had Candeias in the squad it these guys don't hit the ground running. 

My old man absolutely loved him as a player. Really appreciated his hard work. I did too but the generation gap obviously meant players like him with all the work-rate and effort, he found much more endearing.

1 hour ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Wasn’t up for the fight as soon as he had new competition come through the door.

This has backfired big time in my opinion , leaving him out the euro squad has obviously been a factor , he’s a huge part of the Tav success story and does a power of work in the harder games that I can’t see any other out and out wide man doing , docherty now the only option I see to let Tav get forward against your Celtics etc 

6 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Check out Hastie, Jones  Ojo and Stewart stats and you will see they need to deliver more this season than they have in the past couple. now we might be attacking more in games which will help but I personally would have felt better if we still had Candeias in the squad it these guys don't hit the ground running. 

Hastie and Stewart scored more goals than candeias last season and I think Stewart is capable of getting double figures this season.

I think we might regret this unless we get a suitable replacement in, so far not been hugely impressed by anyone who could take his place.

I hope this move in the end does work out to be a good one if it means we get a more consistent skillful player in that area in his place.

We'll see

59 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Candeias scored 5 goals last season that just isn’t anywhere near enough for the position he played. I think ojo or  Stewart could get double figures for goals from the right hand side.

Ojo will need to coz it was evident yesterday already Tav isn’t going to get forward against better opposition with him in front of him 

15 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Think he'll only be particularly missed if we make the group stages. A big part in the stupid draws and Scottish cup exit last year, he doesn't have the consistency or compusure for when we're playing against the 10 men behind the ball/clogger shite in Scotland.

Gave his all which is all we ask, goes with best wishes.

Be in my first 3 picks against them to , took him off the December game almost cost us the 3 points , you need diggers in these games , Candieas work off the ball in these big games contributed to us winning massively 

Concerned about Tav. Daniel made Tav look a better defender than he is due to sheer hard work. I would have liked to see Daniel stay however i understand why he wanted to leave to get regular first team football. It's not much to say he was the best of a bad bunch however i did like him a lot. IMO the 3rd goal v Rapid sumed up everything about him. He's got some engine on him. 

Good luck to him and i hope it works out.

10 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Hastie and Stewart scored more goals than candeias last season and I think Stewart is capable of getting double figures this season.

I really do hope you are correct. I think the jury is still out on Jones, Hastie, Ojo and Stewart as we haven't played enough games. Our wide creative play is now going to be perm 2 from these 4 versus last season of Kent and Candeias. I am yet to be convinced we have improved in this area. Really do hope we have and these guys turn in performances week in week out. 

47 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you don’t think Tav plays better with Dan in front of him then. 

Each to their own I suppose. 

He used to I would definitely agree but last season not so much and at end of season he didn’t miss him at all