Daniel Candeias Leaves to Turkey

Broxi

We need better and I get that... but he was not a bad sub to have.  If he wasn't up for the fight for keeping his shirt then he has made the right choice and I wish him well.  Just concerns me that we don't have a like for like replacement (yet) who can walk into the team and we know what he will give. 

30 minutes ago, kanjo said:

We need better and I get that... but he was not a bad sub to have.  If he wasn't up for the fight for keeping his shirt then he has made the right choice and I wish him well.  Just concerns me that we don't have a like for like replacement (yet) who can walk into the team and we know what he will give. 

We'll not get a like for like replacement. We'll get better. Whole squad is on the way up.

Underrated player played a big part in our European run last year

he could go missing sometimes but but could also surprise you with a goal or assist  when we were toiling in the league  never doubted his effort 

Good luck to him hope we can fill the void left by him

1 hour ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Trust the managers judgment rather than candeias.

Would normally agree with you, but just fear SG has misjudged this one. He clearly didn't want him to leave, however created the problem by leaving him out of EL squad and included Hastie who is unproven at that level and  has now been left out next EL squad. Not saying he was one of our best players but would have liked him to still be in the squad until the new guys who play wide prove they are better. 

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

As Joni Mitchell sang you don't know what you've got til it's gone. He did a good job for us and he certainly has my thanks and good wishes. Fact is that we need better quality players than him if we are to make a proper challenge for the league this season. Good luck to him, and onwards and upwards for us! 

Are Jones, Stewart and Hastie better than him though?

5 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Would normally agree with you, but just fear SG has misjudged this one. He clearly didn't want him to leave, however created the problem by leaving him out of EL squad and included Hastie who is unproven at that level and  has now been left out next EL squad. Not saying he was one of our best players but would have liked him to still be in the squad until the new guys who play wide prove they are better. 

Or perhaps he was left out because SG knew he wanted to leave and was ensuring he was injury free and  seeing Jones, Murphy and Ojo sitting in front of him Candeias could see the writing on the wall being 32 and in the last year of his contract 

24 minutes ago, Brubear said:

The fact that gerrard said the Marseille game was the best he’s seen of candeias is a pretty telling story considering he’s worked with him for the past 14 months. 

I don’t think he rated candeias that much that’s why we have went out and signed about 4 other wingers.

25 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Are Jones, Stewart and Hastie better than him though?

Time will tell if they are. However let's not forget that Candeias wasn't up for the fight for his place, so he hasn't exactly helped himself in that regard. 

We now don’t have an out and out right winger which is what I think Gerrard wanted with ojo and Stewart with Hastie as a possibility too. Tav overlap the winger and the winger either cuts inside on stronger foot or plays tav in. Same as the left wing with jones and Murphy and possibly Kent if he’s back. This fits the 4-3-3 formation we play far more and we’ve seen already as with Sunday that jones and ojo played far more narrow with Barisic and tav encouraged to get forward as much as possible.

Time will tell if it’s the right decision but I think Gerrard’s plans aren’t affected much by this and I really do feel Candeias would have been used sparingly and probably on about 10k a week as well.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

We now don’t have an out and out right winger which is what I think Gerrard wanted with ojo and Stewart with Hastie as a possibility too. Tav overlap the winger and the winger either cuts inside on stronger foot or plays tav in. Same as the left wing with jones and Murphy and possibly Kent if he’s back. This fits the 4-3-3 formation we play far more and we’ve seen already as with Sunday that jones and ojo played far more narrow with Barisic and tav encouraged to get forward as much as possible.

Time will tell if it’s the right decision but I think Gerrard’s plans aren’t affected much by this and I really do feel Candeias would have been used sparingly and probably on about 10k a week as well.

I literally said this in ma group chat near word for word about an hour n a half ago. 

Left footed RW right footed LW to cut inside with room for the overlap and chance to shoot. Think that may be Gerrards goal 

11 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Developing our team more and more into the Liverpool style of high press and narrow front three.

6 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Best of luck to him. Would definitely have liked him to stay but if he was looking for a guaranteed starting place somewhere we couldn't offer that 

thought he had both the bottle and the ability to battle for the shirt --  good luck to him - always gave his all