Supporters Membership

Looks like the club will be introducing some form of membership for both domestic and international supporters.

Its in the job advert for the clubs new Marketing Manager.

If done well this would be good and another revenue stream for the club. If you look at other sports clubs around the world they do it well where you get members days and exclusive members merchandise.

Of we could end up with the one we had a few seasons back where there was no benefit and folded after a year.

1 minute ago, Burnbank Derry said:

Surely your season ticket is your membership?

Normally it’s included yes.

But I imagine they will make you get a membership to buy tickets if you aren’t an ST holder.

Now that we have a huge number of ST holders they are going to have to filter the demand for single match day tickets and if there’s a way of making money then why not.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Normally it’s included yes.

But I imagine they will make you get a membership to buy tickets if you aren’t an ST holder.

Now that we have a huge number of ST holders they are going to have to filter the demand for single match day tickets and if there’s a way of making money then why not.

That's how most premier league clubs in England do it 

I believe Man U to a similar thing where you join with an annual membership and it’s gets you into a draw for tickets for different games which is mainly due to the current number of STs and the demand. I think they thrown in some stuff like pens, key rings, mouse mats etc.

A good idea as it’s another funding stream.

Never understood why they don't offer season ticket holders things like discounted Rangers TV, of some form of merchandising, would surely  be good for income generation or at least reward supporters loyalty.

I'd happily pay something for Rangers TV but not going to pay the full amount when I attend most games.

No issues in principle, suppose I guess it depends what's involved, what we get from it, and what it costs.

I'd kinda like joining something I feel I'm getting something from, in a way the travel club and always on cccs often seem to fail to do.

Even if it was say an annual tour of club, one entry to a game at Hummel training centre, free numbering/ names for kids on their strips, discount on RTV or kids training camps. Loads of things non costly to the club that would make me warm and fuzzy to be a member of 😁

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No issues in principle, suppose I guess it depends what's involved, what we get from it, and what it costs.

I'd kinda like joining something I feel I'm getting something from, in a way the travel club and always on cccs often seem to fail to do.

Even if it was say an annual tour of club, one entry to a game at Hummel training centre, free numbering/ names for kids on their strips, discount on RTV or kids training camps. Loads of things non costly to the club that would make me warm and fuzzy to be a member of 😁

The latter is the stuff that needs to be pushed if its to be successful.

Things like training sessions open for members, the ability to buy exclusive merch, rewards for 10/20/40 years of continuous membership.

The whole thing should be geared towards fans feeling like they are part of the club but in a way that they buy extra things so it generates revenue.

39 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Died on its arse because the club never pushed it after being launched.

I’ve got s certificate and a fancy wee badge a nd some other tat

Flag bearer for a game %off stuff a Q&A with manager/CEO , Voting rights for fan group 

so as a “founder member” I’ve managed fuck all of any of that. 

I just think they wanted me to keep supporting Rangers and not go off and support the taigs or Patrick thistle or some such 

i was fucking duped ah tell ye 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’ve got s certificate and a fancy wee badge a nd some other tat

Flag bearer for a game %off stuff a Q&A with manager/CEO , Voting rights for fan group 

so as a “founder member” I’ve managed fuck all of any of that. 

I just think they wanted me to keep supporting Rangers and not go off and support the taigs or Patrick thistle or some such 

i was fucking duped ah tell ye 

I was managed to get 20% off at the restaurant by using my founders card. Nothing else since then though :lol: