Supporters Membership

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Normally it’s included yes.

But I imagine they will make you get a membership to buy tickets if you aren’t an ST holder.

Now that we have a huge number of ST holders they are going to have to filter the demand for single match day tickets and if there’s a way of making money then why not.

It's what they do anywhere else when season tickets are sold out or nearly !

37 minutes ago, Bydo said:

ST holders got “founder membership” free as far as I remember. Everyone else had to pay £25.

I am sure I paid £25 or £26 for some membership thing but cannot remember what it was. I have been a season ticket holder for about ten years.

A good move. This is the normal for most leagues in Europe such as Germany, Spain, Italy and more and more so, England.

It is a bit of a money grab, but the likes of Bayern offer 10% of all merchandise purchases and access to home and away tickets. So, there would have to be something like that baked into the membership. 

Personally I think it makes fans and supporters feel more connected with the club, it allows casual followers to feel as if they are contributing more directly and allows international supporters (possibly even banking on the Steven Gerrard effect) to join and spread the presence of Rangers even further.

On 23/07/2019 at 16:33, TartanTeddy said:

Never understood why they don't offer season ticket holders things like discounted Rangers TV, of some form of merchandising, would surely  be good for income generation or at least reward supporters loyalty.

I'd happily pay something for Rangers TV but not going to pay the full amount when I attend most games.

Tight arse !!

Anyone remember the Broxi bear club and then the official young supporters club? Used to love getting my member ship pack every year normally came with a scarf poster stationary and occasionally a free ticket to a game against lesser opposition would be good if they brought something out for older bears 

Imagine they will cap STs at say 45000 allowing for 5000 tickets to be sold to members.   They can sell membership at say £20.   Essentially you will have to be an ST holder or member to get a league ticket with only less attractive cup games going to general sale.    

4 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Imagine they will cap STs at say 45000 allowing for 5000 tickets to be sold to members.   They can sell membership at say £20.   Essentially you will have to be an ST holder or member to get a league ticket with only less attractive cup games going to general sale.    

It’s already up at like 47000 I’m sure mate

The European model, where, in some countries,  clubs are genuine members associations, is very attractive.  The problem is how to move from here to there. British clubs are mostly limited companies with the inherent dangers of ownership by those whose motives don't align with the interests of supporters. Our recent history is a case study in the weaknesses of this model.

3 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Anyone remember the Broxi bear club and then the official young supporters club? Used to love getting my member ship pack every year normally came with a scarf poster stationary and occasionally a free ticket to a game against lesser opposition would be good if they brought something out for older bears 

Yep- I was a member and it was magic