Kyle Lafferty leaves my mutual consent

Bad Robot

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, TMB said:

Hopefully Grezda’s next.

Hopefully we don’t have to pay him off though as he signed a 4 year deal last year and that’s a lot of wages to pay. Ideally we can get some form of fee for him but I’d settle for letting him go for free with future sell on.

I think too many on here are way off if they believe he is walking away with a huge pay off....if that's the case we would be aswell keeping him and making him play in the stiffs, he will have recieved a handshake which will be decent enough but I doubt we have paid his wages up in full to get shot of him.

24 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I think too many on here are way off if they believe he is walking away with a huge pay off....if that's the case we would be aswell keeping him and making him play in the stiffs, he will have recieved a handshake which will be decent enough but I doubt we have paid his wages up in full to get shot of him.

yes.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

too much hatred getting spouted, there’s enough hatred out there from our enemies 

He scored the goals that won us 3 championships .Never a big fan but the hatred astounds me on this one .Agreed 

28 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

If we cancelled his contract then he gets paid in full.

Its mutual consent meaning an agreement was reached. Even if it’s 50% then we are talking about 11 months of say £10k a week so £220,000 overall. That’s almost as much as we paid for Aribo’s compensation.

Lets be clear we haven’t given him 50 quid and said all the best we are still talking about tens of thousands of pounds. It would have been far better had he simply moved to another club for free but suspect his wages put them off.

Assuming he was on around £10k or £15k a week, and had a year left on his contract, his agent could've easily negotiated 50% of his wages in full and possibly a percentage of any bonuses he may have been entitled to for future games.

Around half a million it took to get rid of him is my guess.

11 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Assuming he was on around £10k or £15k a week, and had a year left on his contract, his agent could've easily negotiated 50% of his wages in full and possibly a percentage of any bonuses he may have been entitled to for future games.

Twice a rat

25 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He scored the goals that won us 3 championships .Never a big fan but the hatred astounds me on this one .Agreed 

Bit harsh given the rest of the teams contribution they seasons, especially when they carried that lanky streak of pish on their back until the split kicked in

22 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I don’t think he would’ve been on that much.  Admittedly I’m guessing but I’d say closer to £8k/week as he wouldn’t have been on much at Hearts.  Still, we paid hundreds of thousand on a transfer fee, wages for him to do fuck all, then a payoff.  A big waste of money.

He got his second contract cause he scored against the scum and is pure dead stauch. Never agreed with his signing as he is a donkey and the only 6 footer who goes in for a header at about 5'8" when jumping.

On another note, just how much of a thick cunt do you need to be to fuck up a career at Rangers not once but twice, im sure every single one of us on this forum (tarriers excluded) would give everything and then more if we got the chance to play for Rangers 

Me personally id be asking the coaching team what i need to improve on to fit into their plans, then id be on that training ground every minute i could working on what they told me to, 

The fact he's fucked this twice in his life is beyond me, guy is an utter mongo, thank fuck he's gone

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Bit harsh given the rest of the teams contribution they seasons, especially when they carried that lanky streak of pish on their back until the split kicked in

It’s a strange point.  ‘Lafferty scores the goal that won us the league’.  It’s a fucken team game and a 38 game season.  Turning up the last few doesn’t mean you’ve contributed enough.  Rangers paid the best part of £4m the first time round we certainly didn’t get value for money.    

Archived