Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Expanding Ibrox

5 hours ago, LV said:

The pitch could remain at it's present level just lower the seats like Old Trafford the pitch is about a metre above the seats.

Each row of seats would take you about 70cm ish closer to park, we are already quite close and the cost involved may well trump the benefits, I think this was already done a while ago,

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Each row of seats would take you about 70cm ish closer to park, we are already quite close and the cost involved may well trump the benefits, I think this was already done a while ago,

So to get the 7000 extra seats we would need to develop 4 metres in front of each stand . Can't see that happening?

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Err no.  There are huge gaps especially on the Main Stand side.    

3 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Err no.  There are huge gaps especially on the Main Stand side.    

Yes there are  but you still want to see the game and the first row of seats is at the level they are for a reason, So some sides/ends would be lower than the others? dug outs at a higher level than the seats as everything atm is on the level, for every seat heading out would be about 70cm heading down 40cm at a guess it would be like being in a trench and look shite imo, do you keep heading down until your head is ankle level?

I don't think we have the money which is the bottom line also the poor decisions when we increased capacity holds us back.

People go on about the screens but the biggest mistake was the positioning of the stairs that lead up to the club deck really spoil both ends of the enclosure.......that should have been shifted slightly at either end to allow the stadium to join at the enclosure with the broomy and Copland corners.

Always annoys me that they e had a bigger stadium since 96.

Blue Avenger likes this

6 hours ago, pcbear said:

Yes there are  but you still want to see the game and the first row of seats is at the level they are for a reason, So some sides/ends would be lower than the others? dug outs at a higher level than the seats as everything atm is on the level, for every seat heading out would be about 70cm heading down 40cm at a guess it would be like being in a trench and look shite imo, do you keep heading down until your head is ankle level?

Yeah that’s true, we sit five rows from the front in the west enclosure and even from that vantage point you can’t see the whole ball when it’s on the govan side touch line so to lower the seating level you’d lose half the pitch due to the camber 

9 hours ago, LV said:

So to get the 7000 extra seats we would need to develop 4 metres in front of each stand . Can't see that happening?

Gap from row A at Copland and Broomloan to back of goal net is less than that just now, so that ain't happening.

Vehivce access/egress for tractors, lawnmowers, lorries, vans, maintenance vehicles etc will still be required at each end too

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

So many structural engineers on here I'm amazed

Don’t know why, mate. They were obviously teaching all the prods techy drawing while all the catholic schools focused on tax and business law.

psb07158 likes this

Murray fucked it when building the Club Deck and then putting the screens in. Should’ve just filled in the four corners in the late 80’s instead of the Club Deck.

28 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Keep the historic main Stand demolish and rebuild the other 3 

rebuilding 3 stands would be significantly more expensive than just expanding what we have. if we could afford it then i would do it. as long as the main stand remains intact the rest can be torn down and rebuilt. when rebuilding sure make it up to date but i wouldn't want any of that modern glass/metal pishy look. i love the old red brick look the stadium has. 

i'd love if those 3 stands had 3 tiers to them just like the main stand. one stand or part of one could be standing only.

15 minutes ago, miracle said:

Just build some soulless bowl in the middle of nowhere, that seems to be the done thing these days.

I was thinking about that last night mate. Swansea, southampton leicester all have same stadiums