Expanding Ibrox

Ace

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's embarassing "aw fuck up ya midden"

I’m still genuinely stunned from the day at Berwick away, when I witnessed first hand two guys telling the polis that people were singing the billy boys, funnily enough they took no interest but to this day I can’t begin to understand what they were thinking they would gain from doing what they did. 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LV said:

If only we could get 4000 increase by lowering the pitch. Any increase will be a 1000 here and there i. e 1300 by lowering the pitch, 1000 by installing additional seats to the front of the CR/BR stands, filling in the upper sections of the corners and maybe by joining up the 3 new stands another 1000. 

Mate I wasn’t being funny, I genuinely thought we’d gained about 4000 last time we did it, but honestly believe your correct as my memory isn’t the best lol. I know it’s not possible to lower it again (the reason for that escapes me) so I’m interested to see what way we can expand without major reconstruction. 

30 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Fair enough mate and I get where and why you think that. It must be said though, weather you like/thrust king, and I know he’s made mistakes, but he is providing funds for putting a decent side on the park and also doing work on much needed improvements within the stadium and the training ground. From where we were before they came in to what we are now for me personally, I think deserves some respect. Still a long way to go and this may well be a pipe dream but I don’t see the point in bringing it up in public if it wasn’t st least being looked at. 

Money thing on a side note is it will be fucking interesting to see the objections from every fenian bastard from resident to mp if it’s serious lol 

Providing funds??

So we don’t provide funds then, you do know he has cost us millions because of his stubborn belief he is never wrong and his downright stupidity. He deserves full all respect you earn respect in life and that lying cunt isn’t even  close to any respect  

I take it you do know it’s was Sir Mintys board with Ling sitting in it that approved the decision to slash the stadium upkeep budget to almost nothing???

As ive said already mate I’ve heard it all from more Rangers boards than I care to remember. When it’s built and finished then I will believe it. 

8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

It's another bollocks story to get the gullible onside  after the snp invite fuck up .

i think I have heard this same story being pulled out before at this time of the season 

I got told by the guys that will be doing work in Ed House, who are doing the work inside stadium about all of this in April.

Mibbe they knew in advance about the SNP visit.

3 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I’m still genuinely stunned from the day at Berwick away, when I witnessed first hand two guys telling the polis that people were singing the billy boys, funnily enough they took no interest but to this day I can’t begin to understand what they were thinking they would gain from doing what they did. 

You know your hero King would shake those pricks hands and tell them well done. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If that cunt told me the sun was up at midday I would go outside to check. 

That’s my point from before mate, honestly wasn’t a dig st you, I can understand people’s reservations, and you always put up a valid argument, I just wouldn’t want to contemplate where we’d be if he’d not took over, is he the man to take us forward to where we need to be on the future, I honestly don’t know, but until someone else with the funds to take us there I’m glad he stepped up. Just my take on it mate. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Providing funds??

So we don’t provide funds then, you do know he has cost us millions because of his stubborn belief he is never wrong and his downright stupidity. He deserves full all respect you earn respect in life and that lying cunt isn’t even  close to any respect  

I take it you do know it’s was Sir Mintys board with Ling sitting in it that approved the decision to slash the stadium upkeep budget to almost nothing???

As ive said already mate I’ve heard it all from more Rangers boards than I care to remember. When it’s built and finished then I will believe it. 

Of course mate I wasn’t being funny. I get that I honestly do. 

7 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Mate a fucjing love you 2

6 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Mate I wasn’t being funny, I genuinely thought we’d gained about 4000 last time we did it, but honestly believe your correct as my memory isn’t the best lol. I know it’s not possible to lower it again (the reason for that escapes me) so I’m interested to see what way we can expand without major reconstruction. 

They could add an extra seat at the end of the row making the aisle narrower but H&S might object. 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

They could add an extra seat at the end of the row making the aisle narrower but H&S might object. 

No doubt they would. I sat in CF5 for 17 years from 1990 onwards, and like I said earlier if they are looking for a financially viable way of extending, and on a small timeframe then surely an amount of a thousand or so could be gained by extending the lower stands towards the gates, as long as it doesn’t interfere with the external structure as whether that’s part of listed content or not it’s an absolute necessity it stays as it’s a unique feature worldwide. Obviously I’ve no idea what is being planned but without major upheaval and expense I can’t see what else is viable. Also what KK mentioned earlier is a valid point, as much as he likes to take the piss etc if the building works affected our use of the stadium during a season where the fuck would we play? 

15 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

That’s my point from before mate, honestly wasn’t a dig st you, I can understand people’s reservations, and you always put up a valid argument, I just wouldn’t want to contemplate where we’d be if he’d not took over, is he the man to take us forward to where we need to be on the future, I honestly don’t know, but until someone else with the funds to take us there I’m glad he stepped up. Just my take on it mate. 

Just because he has money and invests it in us doesn’t mean he’s the man for the job. 

He hasn’t a clue what he’s doing, I wouldn’t mind if he hired at decent CEO to run the club but instead he gave us Robertson. 

You have to ask if King had just invested but wasn’t on the board and he was watching the clusterfuck the board are making of the off-field business he would be screaming for resignations  

I’ve no time for him mate because I want the best for Rangers and with pricks like King Robertson and Blair running us we are far from getting the best  

9 minutes ago, LV said:

They can't.

That's 4000 more jumping on the heads of fenian babies hey ole :lol:

that's a joke police Scotland pals 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Just because he has money and invests it in us doesn’t mean he’s the man for the job. 

He hasn’t a clue what he’s doing, I wouldn’t mind if he hired at decent CEO to run the club but instead he gave us Robertson. 

You have to ask if King had just invested but wasn’t on the board and he was watching the clusterfuck the board are making of the off-field business he would be screaming for resignations  

I’ve no time for him mate because I want the best for Rangers and with pricks like King Robertson and Blair running us we are far from getting the best  

No problem with any of that mate. I wasn’t keen on Robertson’s appointment at the time and he’s done everything possible to make me think I was right for not wanting him, being ok in his position at Motherwell is hardly an appraisal for taking on our club I also said earlier and totally agree with you if king has the wealth or desire to take us to the level we want to be at, all I was getting at is for me, he was the best option at the time of asking, and he’s took us up to a point where we’re challenging. I thank him for that, like yourself I want what is best for our club, we need someone with wealth, experience and the thirst to make us number one again, but I’m fucked if I know where he is as no cunt looks like they want the gig. 

I’m far from content and I’ve no boardroom hero, we deserve better but there are no cunts battering the door to take us there mate. 

15 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

No doubt they would. I sat in CF5 for 17 years from 1990 onwards, and like I said earlier if they are looking for a financially viable way of extending, and on a small timeframe then surely an amount of a thousand or so could be gained by extending the lower stands towards the gates, as long as it doesn’t interfere with the external structure as whether that’s part of listed content or not it’s an absolute necessity it stays as it’s a unique feature worldwide. Obviously I’ve no idea what is being planned but without major upheaval and expense I can’t see what else is viable. Also what KK mentioned earlier is a valid point, as much as he likes to take the piss etc if the building works affected our use of the stadium during a season where the fuck would we play? 

Liverpool did major works without leaving Anfield? Our board might be looking to get some Cup semi's and finals, international matches as I think when the SFA take Hampden over they will be doing work to the stadium. That would mean celtic wouldn't have it all to themselves. 

Archived