*** The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread ***

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Hi grab the win 1 p or 9, let the knicker wearers on forums get upset but we know from Joe till sept 2nd 1 0 or 14 we play we won and then beat them we are least 3 clear 

You had a stroke? 🙂

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not expecting Killie to do anything other than set up with 10 behind the ball and foul at every opportunity in order to break up play.

However an early goal makes them toss that game plan out of the window. A comfortable win if we play the game with tempo and avoid the backward passes.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

I am not expecting Killie to do anything other than set up with 10 behind the ball and foul at every opportunity in order to break up play.

However an early goal makes them toss that game plan out of the window. A comfortable win if we play the game with tempo and avoid the backward passes.

Tbf to Killie, why should they change tactics when they’ve worked so well against us.

We simply must win today - no excuses about pitch, Ball, referees.

We better kick some serious butt today. No ifs, buts, heating in dressing rooms or early days excuses. 

Kilmarnock butts kicked all over the pitch - minus any red cards. Show us what you're really made of Rangers! 

:UK:

Edit: 2-0 to us. More if you really want to show off to your devoted fans. 

On 02/08/2019 at 11:22, Klos' Glove said:

Get yer time machine out and tell us who we're playing in Gdansk next May

Heard worse. My sister in law phoned from Spain asking what the score was against the filth 30 minutes before the game as the match hadn't started on TV over there yet. Wtf? Time difference aside, does she think we play a different game for each country? DOH! 

She has a degree tae and works in NHS blood transfusion. So you are fucked if you ever get knocked down by a car in Glasgow and lose blood. Stupid boot would probably fill your veins with tomato sauce. 

Anyhow, 2-0 to us today. I will be watching the match on Sky TV . Can't risk going to the game with all that traffic around Ibrox.🍅

25 minutes ago, Sub Genius said:

I know it won’t be popular with the Alfie fan club, but I’d start as we finished last season with Arfield playing off Defoe and Jones in Kent’s role on the left with a midfield three of Davis, Kamara and Aribo behind them.

You mean our top goal scorer and best player last season. The guy that scored 10 goals against Kilmarnock?

Its hardly like the Halliday or Barisic situation where there are people in different camps.

Morelos is our best striker and should be starting every game.

33 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You mean our top goal scorer and best player last season. The guy that scored 10 goals against Kilmarnock?

Its hardly like the Halliday or Barisic situation where there are people in different camps.

Morelos is our best striker and should be starting every game.

There's an argument to say we played better as a team when he was missing at the end of last season.

Admittedly that wasn’t in evidence midweek so I think there’s a good chance he’ll start in place of Defoe today but, Alfie works best in a 4-3-3, a system that can work well for us, but one that also saw us struggle against stubborn, well organised sides like Kilmarnock last term.

12 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Would take 1-0 last minute. All that matters is 3 points. Let’s fucking go.

I think we need a pretty convincing win after the Yahoos got off to a flyer yesterday.

A last gasp victory won’t help assuage the nagging doubts that for all the briskness of our transfer business we’ve not actually improved as significantly as we’d have liked.

1 hour ago, Sub Genius said:

I know it won’t be popular with the Alfie fan club, but I’d start as we finished last season with Arfield playing off Defoe and Jones in Kent’s role on the left with a midfield three of Davis, Kamara and Aribo behind them.

Why would any Rangers fan not be in “the Alfie fan club”, as you call it? He’s our top scorer, one of our most important players and our most valuable asset. 

I honestly despise half the cunts in our support :lol:

39 minutes ago, Sub Genius said:

I think we need a pretty convincing win after the Yahoos got off to a flyer yesterday.

A last gasp victory won’t help assuage the nagging doubts that for all the briskness of our transfer business we’ve not actually improved as significantly as we’d have liked.

Disagree.

To an extent it doesn’t matter what they did, and St Johnstone at home vs Killie away is apples and oranges. 

3 points is all that matters. Doesn’t matter is it goes in off someone’s arse in the 94th minute. We need to break the Killie hoodoo, and keep pace with the filth.

1 hour ago, Sub Genius said:

You mean the Defoe / Arfield combo that drew a blank against Progres on Thurs?

Morelos is our top scorer, best player and batters goals in against Killie left right and centre last season. He should and will start. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Disagree.

To an extent it doesn’t matter what they did, and St Johnstone at home vs Killie away is apples and oranges. 

3 points is all that matters. Doesn’t matter is it goes in off someone’s arse in the 94th minute. We need to break the Killie hoodoo, and keep pace with the filth.

Can bet your bottom dollar if we scrape a last minute winner there'll be disorder on here. 

43 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Why would any Rangers fan not be in “the Alfie fan club”, as you call it? He’s our top scorer, one of our most important players and our most valuable asset. 

I honestly despise half the cunts in our support :lol:

The amount of ego, oneupmanship and conflict by design within our support is ridiculous. 

Archived