*** The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread ***

14 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Sorry to be negative but there was a real sense of dej vu watching the game today, our inability to keep a clean sheet and lack of inspiration or creativity in the final third.

Wee Alfie really needs to get his sharpness back

Agreed!

But the difference was we ground out the win this time, that was the difference between us and them last season, they were able to grind out the wins with late, late goals, while we weren't. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Sorry to be negative but there was a real sense of dej vu watching the game today, our inability to keep a clean sheet and lack of inspiration or creativity in the final third.

Wee Alfie really needs to get his sharpness back

Likewise.

Just watched a rerun of the second half and it was worse than when I first watched.

Alfie is key, but others were just not at it. We were so cumbersome coming out of defence and no one was pressing us. A passethon someone described it.  Yes, the lack of creativity persists. We witnessed some of it in the preseason and Europa ties, but it is also a hangover from parts of last season.

We did snap out of at times last season, then reverted to type and dropped points. We simply cannot repeat this if we aspire to take this title. It isn't good enough and Gerrard needs to be ruthless in bringing this to an end or it will be an end to our title challenge before it begins.

46 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Likewise.

Just watched a rerun of the second half and it was worse than when I first watched.

Alfie is key, but others were just not at it. We were so cumbersome coming out of defence and no one was pressing us. A passethon someone described it.  Yes, the lack of creativity persists. We witnessed some of it in the preseason and Europa ties, but it is also a hangover from parts of last season.

We did snap out of at times last season, then reverted to type and dropped points. We simply cannot repeat this if we aspire to take this title. It isn't good enough and Gerrard needs to be ruthless in bringing this to an end or it will be an end to our title challenge before it begins.

"ponderous" was a word I heard elsewhere to describe it...very apt. Think SG needs to tinker with the formation & tactics to get the best out of the squad.

Im worried about our attacking options. Overall the squad has undoubtedly been strenghtened, but Im not convinced Ojo & Jones are an upgarde on what we have lost - Kent & Candeias. Hopefully they will get into their stride and my fears will be unfounded

10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not taking responsibility for one's actions is a trait adorned by our enemy.

I could understand if it was the goal that secured us the title,  but it wasn't and it was cringe and someone could have got seriously injured. I get the excitement, but lines are being crossed when people's safety are being put at risk. 

As individuals WE also have the responsibility and it is NOT only for the club's, police and stewards to work it out. You want to get back home safely, then fucking act like it and do not selfishly compromise the safety of others. 

End of!

Unfortunately it’s a trait adorned by some young football fans of all clubs. Football fans need safeguarded against themselves - surprised if anyone thought that everyone was able to make the right decisions all of the time. 

On 04/08/2019 at 20:26, gogzy said:

Was this aimed at me, if so, why?

I haven't defended the fans doing it.

My only comment about it had been that the damage ( which we should be paying) will be about a hundred quids worth.

Sorry mate  I miss read your post point taken  

Archived