Ojo

KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, left winger said:

Looks like a player who can turn 1-0 score lines into 3-0s and 4-0s. Not sure yet if he can turn a 0-0 into a 1-0. Time yet, though - still very early days.

That’s a very good post mate.  Never thought of him in that way.

1 hour ago, teddybear1975 said:

Stop comparing Kent with Ojo. They do damage from diferent sides of the pitch. Ojo of the right and Kent of the left. TBF Jones from the left is looking promising.

Why no’?

Doesnt matter what side if the pitch they operate on.  If one outscores and produces more assists then given their position in the team (ie attacking midfielder) then of course they are comparable.

If not like ones a defender and the other is a striker.

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

Why no’?

Doesnt matter what side if the pitch they operate on.  If one outscores and produces more assists then given their position in the team (ie attacking midfielder) then of course they are comparable.

If not like ones a defender and the other is a striker.

As inside forwards of course it matters what side of the pitch you play.

Said when we signed he’d score and assist more than Kent but I just can’t put my finger on what it is about him I don’t like. 

I feel almost like he tracks back when it’s not needed but when it’s needed the most he just doesn’t. Their goal yesterday stems from a pass into Allan from his side, where I expect him to be if we don’t have the ball. Really annoyed me yesterday especially considering we should’ve been up by 4 at that point. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Said when we signed he’d score and assist more than Kent but I just can’t put my finger on what it is about him I don’t like. 

I feel almost like he tracks back when it’s not needed but when it’s needed the most he just doesn’t. Their goal yesterday stems from a pass into Allan from his side, where I expect him to be if we don’t have the ball. Really annoyed me yesterday especially considering we should’ve been up by 4 at that point. 

In my opinion, he's just that wee bit slower in closing down or shifting over when the ball goes out wide that what Kent or Candeias did. But hopefully he grows into the role, as he certainly seems to get  on the scoresheet and gets in good attacking positions.

8 hours ago, TheCutch said:

2 assists, 1 goal and brought the save of the game from their goalie.

I love Kent and really want him back, but Ojo will have more goals and assists by Xmas than Kent did in the whole season.

In certain games, he will do very well for us. 

Save of the game had to be for tavs freekick...was top bins all day👌🏻

8 hours ago, teddybear1975 said:

As inside forwards of course it matters what side of the pitch you play.

You’re not really getting it, are you?

Nobody has said Ojo is a direct replacement for Kent’s position but he is replacing his input.

Both are attacking midfielders, they have the same role to play. 

Plenty on here compare Barasic  to Tavernier ( even Tav and Tierney) because they play the same position,  it just happens to be on the opposite side  of the pitch.

Its about the contribution each player delivers for the team from their generic (not specific) position in the team.

That’s not too hard a concept to grasp is it?

If Ojo scores and assists more from the right wing than Kent does from the left then it’s quite easy to conclude that he is more effective in that respect.

Work rate and what both offer to the team as a whole can also get taken into account but is trickier to quantify. In that regard, to date, Kent offered more going back but it’s early doors. 

7 hours ago, BlueCafu1872 said:

Save of the game had to be for tavs freekick...was top bins all day👌🏻

Both great mate, but going with the one I was talking about, the one low at his right in front of The Copland.

The free kick was a long way out so a goalie has plenty time to adjust his feet from those, despite it being top bin as you rightly said.

The one I mean though was pure reaction and totally full stretch. Still cant believe the cunt got to it.

Really could have been double figures. 

6 hours ago, beararse said:

You’re not really getting it, are you?

Nobody has said Ojo is a direct replacement for Kent’s position but he is replacing his input.

Both are attacking midfielders, they have the same role to play. 

Plenty on here compare Barasic  to Tavernier ( even Tav and Tierney) because they play the same position,  it just happens to be on the opposite side  of the pitch.

Its about the contribution each player delivers for the team from their generic (not specific) position in the team.

That’s not too hard a concept to grasp is it?

If Ojo scores and assists more from the right wing than Kent does from the left then it’s quite easy to conclude that he is more effective in that respect.

Work rate and what both offer to the team as a whole can also get taken into account but is trickier to quantify. In that regard, to date, Kent offered more going back but it’s early doors. 

Talking to a brick wall... 

18 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

There's something bothering me about Ojo and I just don't know what it is!

However, today, I'm not going to complain. He hit the shot that unsettled their goalkeeper to spill for the first, he did brilliantly for the second picking up the assist and got a goal himself. He doesn't pull off everything but he's not afraid to try things and we lacked that in the final third last season

Racism imo.