Ojo

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

I like his style of play and think he’ll do well. At least as much creativity and incisiveness as many of our more senior attackers.

I think he's the type of player who will relish and step up in games against them. Think he'll be very much like alfredo in that he will be very physical in more open and competitive games.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He doesn't need to be, he plays on the opposite side. The question is, is he a step up on Candeias? 

Well, he can take a man on, which Candeias wasn’t the best at, but will he have the same understanding with Tav?

That remains to be seen.

I keep coming back to the feeling that middle to front we haven’t improved enough.

Personally I think we’re at least one, probably more like two players away from where we need to be if we want to win the title.

If we're drawing comparisons with Kent and his spell with us, then I think Ojo has actually shown more in his first few games than Kent did. Kent didn't score in any game until September. He looked rusty and a little unfit at first. Took a good few weeks before he looked confident too. 

I don't think there's any question of fitness with Ojo, he's scored a couple of goals now (albeit friendlies and lower European opposition). He has shown glimpses of incredible ball skills and tenacity. Definitely nowhere near as good as Kent was at the end of last season, but I really think that will come with games. 

Just now, BlueDevil said:

The boy is a good player but, needs time . The season hasn't even started yet and people seem eager to right him off. He isn't Dalcio just because he's replacing Ryan Kent.

Dalcio wasn't given time. Pretty much made a scapegoat after the last time we played this mob.

Aribo from day one looks decent 

imo  “settling in” is a myth it’s good coaching and natural talent together that makes a player. 

You can tell from the off, touch, passes and runs are all there. Ojo  should be given time - but not too much.