Ojo

KeyserSoze

2 hours ago, Sub Genius said:

I like the look of him.

Is he a step up from Kent?

Probably not.

He plays on a different wing from Kent. Candeias is the comparison.

33 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This forum is an absolute riot after games. 

Absolutely. However I think he is the kind of player we need to bring on,  rather than be the main player on that side.

I think he’ll score some decent goals and create a bunch of assists. However i’m not sure he is consistent enough to be a better replacement to Daniel.

4 hours ago, A.T.G said:

I got told tonight that the europa qualifiers is almost a quarter of league games ie 8 games

shocking from UEFA

Maybe reading this wrong, but you needed to be told that we have to play 8 games to qualify for the group stages?

Despite us doing exactly that last season? 

6 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Absolutely. However I think he is the kind of player we need to bring on,  rather than be the main player on that side.

I think he’ll score some decent goals and create a bunch of assists. However i’m not sure he is consistent enough to be a better replacement to Daniel.

I get that he’s a direct replacement for Candeias rather than Kent, but I meant more in terms of the overall improvement he brings to the squad, if indeed there is any.

In that respect, and we have to stress it’s far to early to be making any sort of evaluations, I’m not sure there is.

Aribo and Helander aside, on first impressions we appear to have added a lot of players of a similar quality to those already at the club when what we need are a couple more who instantly and undeniably improve our starting eleven.

7 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Candeias is a right footed out and out winger bomb doon the wing n whip a ball in between the pen spot n 6 yard box.

Please don't tell me you're comparing ojo to candeias lol

Ojo is similar to Kent but just not as good.

2 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

The negativity here at times..

Gerrard knows the Liverpool youngsters extremely well, even having coached them before coming to Rangers. 

Why on earth would he bring someone here that is shite? 

Ejaria

just saying like 

13 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Not sure about all this ojo not as good as Kent nonsense.  One they are different players and two ojo is just in the door. 

Kent got plenty criticism on here for his performances when he first arrived. 

Shhhhhh. The mood is negative, no common sense or logic that counters that is permitted.

28 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Not sure about all this ojo not as good as Kent nonsense.  One they are different players and two ojo is just in the door. 

Kent got plenty criticism on here for his performances when he first arrived. 

We shouldn’t be comparing both players that’s for sure 

but we should be discussing his contribution so far and that’s not been great imo  

we could compare him to Aribo in terms of “settling in” and that also has not been great  

I think you can tell a player within a few games and some need time to grow - however we don’t have the luxury of giving players time to settle in and grow we need them hitting the ground running and ready for the fight 

28 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Ejaria wasn't shite. He just bottled it.

I agree, he has his moments and games where he looked good. Was strong and won the ball back and held onto it well. But for that there wasn’t much quality there. It’s all been exaggerated because he shat himself.

We have improved on him by far though.

10 hours ago, A.T.G said:

I got told tonight that the europa qualifiers is almost a quarter of league games ie 8 games

shocking from UEFA

Think the big give away is 4no. 2 leg qualifying rounds.

Surprised that you needed to be told that 8 x 4 = 32 which is kinda close to 38

🙂

12 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He came into the game near the end.

Probably because most of Progress were on a yellow and couldn’t just chop him down when he started to motor.

The main thing Ojo needs to do is stop howkin’ his shorts up and making it look like he’s wearing a nappy 🙂

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Hes ok, but his decision making is poor. Can be worked on tho 

He's good technically, but looks lazy and uninterested at times imo.

Probably because we're used to seeing Candeias sprinting about the full game on that side tbf. But i still think we need to replace Candeias.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He's good technically, but looks lazy and uninterested at times imo.

Probably because we're used to seeing Candeias sprinting about the full game on that side tbf. But i still think we need to replace Candeias.

Wee jay using blueme's phone fwiw 

18 minutes ago, beararse said:

Probably because most of Progress were on a yellow and couldn’t just chop him down when he started to motor.

The main thing Ojo needs to do is stop howkin’ his shorts up and making it look like he’s wearing a nappy 🙂

Noticed that last night as well.