Ojo

KeyserSoze

29 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

It's obvious he has talent but I think a lot of the time his decision making is poor.

There were times today where he should have passed the ball early but didn't and also times where he could have turned and went at the full back but opted to play an easy pass.

I don't know if that's an awareness issue or confidence with settling in here but if he improves on that then we've got a good player.

For me he’s not aggressive enough when on the ball.

He should be running at defenders a bit more: having watched his YouTube clips he’s more than capable

Also, when he tracks back he tends not to stick with his man.

That said, he’s not scared to have a shot from the edge of the box and is invariably on target.

13 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

goal 1 --- shoots from outside the box -- Defoe scores rebound - Assist

goal 2 --- great run - neat pass to Defoe who scores - assist

goal 6 -- scores 

Decent mpact -- plus tested the Keeper from distance a few times 

I'm going to watch the game back later. My initial impression is he was largely carried by a very good team today rather than being overly effective. Windass used to get goals and assists, but he'd fail to contribute more than that. Our style of play is now a high press, high energy system where players need to be at it. For me he looked off the pace. Jack didn't score, dont think he assisted, but bossed the game ably assisted by Davis. So stats only tell part of the story.

If im being harsh then after a rerun of the match I'll post that. But today JJ, defoe, alfredo, Jack all had me purring. Ojo was meh.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

goal 6 -- scores 

Correct and once he gets used to the game up here I can see him being a great Rangers player.

29 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

goal 6 -- scores 

Would've had a 2nd if not for a decent one handed save from their guy

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm going to watch the game back later. My initial impression is he was largely carried by a very good team today rather than being overly effective. Windass used to get goals and assists, but he'd fail to contribute more than that. Our style of play is now a high press, high energy system where players need to be at it. For me he looked off the pace. Jack didn't score, dont think he assisted, but bossed the game ably assisted by Davis. So stats only tell part of the story.

If im being harsh then after a rerun of the match I'll post that. But today JJ, defoe, alfredo, Jack all had me purring. Ojo was meh.

Outstanding performances from JJ, defoe, alfredo, Jack (and Tav) but 'meh' for Ojo seems harsh - and please don't compare anyone to that cunt Windass

Ojo's still fairly young and a new signing who has already netted  3 or 4 goals 

13 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Outstanding performances from JJ, defoe, alfredo, Jack (and Tav) but 'meh' for Ojo seems harsh - and please don't compare anyone to that cunt Windass

Ojo's still fairly young and a new signing who has already netted  3 or 4 goals 

Ffs its my opinion, I get you think he was better 😂. The point about Windass is relevant imo because it's about everything he offers, not just the stat stuff. Windass stats were good, but he was a luxury type player that we cant accommodate. 

Yes he's done well do far, and yes I think he'll grow into a good player, hopefully here. But for me he was a 6/10 today, though as I've said I'll watch it back later.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ffs its my opinion, I get you think he was better 😂. The point about Windass is relevant imo because it's about everything he offers, not just the stat stuff. Windass stats were good, but he was a luxury type player that we cant accommodate. 

Yes he's done well do far, and yes I think he'll grow into a good player, hopefully here. But for me he was a 6/10 today, though as I've said I'll watch it back later.

6/10 my arse!

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Windass done absolutely fuck all in a Rangers top mate, just a shitebag that never turned up in big games and scored against the rotten teams. 

I think a lot of the criticism comes from the fact we're all used to seeing a tireless worker in Candeias playing that position last season and Ojo, for the most part, has long spells in the game when he's not involved.

It'll take time, but i think once him and Tav get used to playing together on that side, he'll be more influential in the game. 

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Windass done absolutely fuck all in a Rangers top mate, just a shitebag that never turned up in big games and scored against the rotten teams. 

If you look at stats he was a great player. If you look at what he actually offered, and how unsuited to a big club demand then most of us realise he wasn't good enough regardless of the stats.

All I'm saying is that despite his late sclaffed goal and an assist I didnt think ojo was particularly strong today. Game largely passed him by and tbh I thought he was the weakest out of all the midfielders/ forwards today. Largely due to how good others were.

Yeah. 6/10 I reckon is fair, there were plenty 8 or 9 out of 10s today who had far greater overall contributions.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If you look at stats he was a great player. If you look at what he actually offered, and how unsuited to a big club demand then most of us realise he wasn't good enough regardless of the stats.

All I'm saying is that despite his late sclaffed goal and an assist I didnt think ojo was particularly strong today. Game largely passed him by and tbh I thought he was the weakest out of all the midfielders/ forwards today. Largely due to how good others were.

Yeah. 6/10 I reckon is fair, there were plenty 8 or 9 out of 10s today who had far greater overall contributions.

Its all about opinions  but for what it is worth I agree with your summary re- Ojo  but I have also read elsewhere that he was a class above all on the park etc  which imo is nonsense but he did get 2 assists and scored and if he done that every week we would be delighted.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A was taking the piss mate, fully expected a similar reply about Windass though.

1 minute ago, lidorfc said:

Kill yourself.

Not nice, Lido.

On his game he’s by far the most talented of all our Wide players but tends to drop in and out of the game too much. He needs to demand the ball more and drive at the opposition because at full flow opposition defenders struggle to contain him. Hopefully Gerrard can continue to develop him and he will be a key player this season.

I can see him getting a fair few goals and assists with his Arjen Robben esque cut in from the right, onto his left foot.

49 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

6/10 is a pile of horse shite of a judgement.

A player would get 6/10 if he plays okay, goes close to scoring but doesnt, and set up a few chances where the striker fluffs the chance.

A game when the player gets two assists, not just the single assist you have decided to give him for some reason, and a goal is just simply not a 6/10 game.