Morelos

tannerall

53 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I’ve nothing to base this on other than his winning attitude but I think if players were sold under Gerrard at the last minute he’d rip the board apart in press conferences for the rest of his time with us. He’s in control, the board need him more than he needs the job as it cushions all their fuck ups. 

I think we’ll have a figure in mind that we’ll accept for Morelos and Gerrard will be aware of it.

Robertson previously suggested we’d be looking for upwards of £18m because that’s roughly how much Dembele went for at the Yahoos and we rate Morelos just as highly.

Which is all well and good, but in reality, if someone like Palace comes in next week offering the player £70k a week and us £15m, are we really going to turn that down?

Alfie really wants to go. He has his dream move and is going to be paid a life changing amount for it, but we say no because it doesn’t quite meet our evaluation then run the risk of being stuck with a disgruntled player?

It’s a tough one to get right and you probably can’t please everyone, but I think Gerrard will be aware of the variables.

Sell him and kiss goodbye any chance of winning the title. Simple as that.

Defoe with Stewart as back up won’t cut it.

We have to gamble and take the risk that he won’t sulk for a season. Promise him that he will get his move eventually. 

Great photo and good to see him enjoying the moment.

Not up to speed yet in the game but shows flashes of what’s to come (if he stays). Don’t like to see him dropping off, it leaves us with nothing up front. At fault for their goal, losing his man. Better days to come I hope, we need him firing.