*****The Official FC Midtjylland v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

23 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McGregor

Tav Katic Goldson Barasic

Davis Kamara Jack

Arfield  Aribo 

Morelos 

Dont like this team. We are very poor when we dont have 2 actual wide players in the mid to front line. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BF1 said:

Better teams came to Ibrox last season and couldn't get a result. I'd imagine they will be fairly attacking to try and get a lead for the return leg. We are strong at the back and have plenty of pace to hit them on the counter. Get the feeling we'll get a score draw over there. 

Yes but worse teams also came to Ibrox and got results as well. 

Reckon we will struggle over their and happily take a 0-0 and sort it out next week

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

0-0 is not a great result away from home in Europe. Away goals are very important.

The Danes will be very concerned about conceding.

1-1 away and 0-0 at home and you are through.

Their fans are very confident of keeping us out, actually. Their defence is their strongest part of the team according to them.

3 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Yes but worse teams also came to Ibrox and got results as well. 

Reckon we will struggle over their and happily take a 0-0 and sort it out next week

It'll be tough over both legs and I really don't know enough about them to say who are favourites to go through. 

Fully believe we are stronger than last season though. If the lads turn up there's no reason we can't beat this lot. 

2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Our wide players are garbage though, that’s the problem 

Aye I tend to agree with u. Don't know why candais was allowed to go.  Fuck play hastie on 1 wing n Middleton on the other if Jones ojo etc.  Arent impressing him. 5 central mids isn't the answer imho

They haven't scored a lot of goals this season and any they have scored have been very late on.  If we can get an away goal on Thursday and keep the score tight then I'd be confident.  Honest opinion is that Maribor were a better team.

Looked at their forum and they don't seem that bothered by us tbh. Think they are underestimating us though.

I think we might have a couple of high scoring games. I'm going to go 3-2 to us in Denmark and 2-0 us at Ibrox. I'm definitely not counting the Danes out though just being optimistic 

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Their fans are very confident of keeping us out, actually. Their defence is their strongest part of the team according to them.

It is from what I have seen but that isn't saying much.

They have definitely been shaky at the back in the games I watched against Århus and Aalborg. They defended very deep at the end of both games, the same way we dropped deep against Kilmarnock. There were a lot of balls going into their box and their winners in both games came against the run of play.

If we are confident and aggressive, we should score. If we sit back and let them dictate, they can do damage from free kicks and aerial stuff.

14 minutes ago, krissg910 said:

Aye I tend to agree with u. Don't know why candais was allowed to go.  Fuck play hastie on 1 wing n Middleton on the other if Jones ojo etc.  Arent impressing him. 5 central mids isn't the answer imho

Aye I’m not convinced with 5 centre mids either, just trying to find a solution to our wide player problem, maybe a 352 with Tav and Barasic as wing backs with Defoe and Morelos up top 

13 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

It is from what I have seen but that isn't saying much.

They have definitely been shaky at the back in the games I watched against Århus and Aalborg. They defended very deep at the end of both games, the same way we dropped deep against Kilmarnock. There were a lot of balls going into their box and their winners in both games came against the run of play.

If we are confident and aggressive, we should score. If we sit back and let them dictate, they can do damage from free kicks and aerial stuff.

This is pretty much it.

19 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Looked at their forum and they don't seem that bothered by us tbh. Think they are underestimating us though.

I think we might have a couple of high scoring games. I'm going to go 3-2 to us in Denmark and 2-0 us at Ibrox. I'm definitely not counting the Danes out though just being optimistic 

Some interesting translations from there. 

Judged on the video clips, I think it points to a fifty-fifty match against FCM. Rangers are nicely playing with ok technique, but not terribly scary. Not surprisingly, the Rangers' strongest assault weapon seems to be the main thrust.

8 minutes ago, BF1 said:

Some interesting translations from there. 

Judged on the video clips, I think it points to a fifty-fifty match against FCM. Rangers are nicely playing with ok technique, but not terribly scary. Not surprisingly, the Rangers' strongest assault weapon seems to be the main thrust.

Saw that post and the translation is that the aerial threat is our main one.

7 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

It's a realistic possibility.  

They will be more open and we will get in behind them and do damage though.

Hopefully.

I'm not sure what they're like as a team currently but I remember they were decent a few years back. 

Think a lot of people in our support are underestimating them because they mightn't necessarily have heard of them before. Not so much on this forum but other people on different social media platforms

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm not sure what they're like as a team currently but I remember they were decent a few years back. 

Think a lot of people in our support are underestimating them because they mightn't necessarily have heard of them before. Not so much on this forum but other people on different social media platforms

I just think that none of these teams are particularly that bad these days. 

They all seem fairly well organized.

If we progress I will be delighted but at the same time I won't be too disappointed if we dont, it'll be more a case of it just wasn't meant to be for us right now.

Still going 0-1 us though 😂

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

They are definitely no mugs. We need to be at our best for this one. Providing we turn up I am confident.

Archived