Our midfield setup

We could really use a number 10 type for games like today when we’re needing to be more offensive and get a goal.  That type of player could help us mix it up a bit and be less predictable.  We seen how it can work with Rogic over at the other side of the city. Rodgers had a holding mid, a box-to-box, and a number 10 as the midfield three and it works in this league.  But, we don’t seem to be interested in a player like that.

At this point I’m just hoping we can get Kent back.  

Passing between the center half's was far to slow today especially Goldson. This pedestrian play meant that the midfield were dropping back to pick up the ball, so at some points we had six players across the midfield. We really need players to start carrying the ball forward rather than looking for a killer pass all time. 

16 minutes ago, jamess said:

I'm not sure Kent is the answer.  Plenty skill,  but just don't see enough end product.

He's definitely not the answer but he will be a part of the answer. 

Last season when we got him he was an unknown with very little expectations now if he comes back he will essentially be our main and going by many our only title hope. Big expectations to place on him imho and will either bring out the very best in him or he will completely disappear. 

Hope if we do get him it's soon after the English window closes so he's here for a few weeks before the old firm game

7 hours ago, TMB said:

We could really use a number 10 type for games like today when we’re needing to be more offensive and get a goal.  That type of player could help us mix it up a bit and be less predictable.  We seen how it can work with Rogic over at the other side of the city. Rodgers had a holding mid, a box-to-box, and a number 10 as the midfield three and it works in this league.  But, we don’t seem to be interested in a player like that.

At this point I’m just hoping we can get Kent back.  

Arfield is our number ten, fuck knows why gerrard keeps putting him wide left

jack is too negative

this centre half, centre half, def mid back to centre half nonsense has cost us, and will cost us, leagues and cups until we jettison it

the tempo, or lack thereof, is fucking horrific and again causes us to invite teams on and score against us

in short SG would have appeared to have learnt nothing, from last season, yet bizarrely moans about it after every game..... FFS man fucking fix it

9 hours ago, jamess said:

I'm not sure Kent is the answer.  Plenty skill,  but just don't see enough end product.

Some seem to be clinging onto getting Kent back as the answer to all our prayers when I felt at the end of last season we probably needed better than him if we wanted to win 55.