*Official Trial By Sportscene 19/20 Thread*

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Fucking hell. It was a good pass I'm not going to lie but cunts are now writing full articles solely dedicated to it. And this isn't the only one. Obviously we should ignore it but it's pretty funny. When we win the league they'll still be talking about shit like this.

Rangers win the league. Morelos top goalscorer. Tav most assists. McGregor most clean sheets. Aribo player of the year. 

Journalists: Aye but how good was that pass from Allan. How good was that goal kick from Lewis. How good was that clearance from Findlay! 

Spot on, it was a great pass but that article is nauseating.

To suggest that no other player on the park could have played it and then breeze over the fact it was the only thing he did in a game that he never finished due to piss poor fitness sums up more about Scottish football than the glass half empty shite.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It's a strange one, as I feel like there has probably been too much focus on their one moment of quality in a game that ended in a 6-1 defeat for them. 

Possibly shows how much of an appeasement society Scotland has become, although some in the press 'refuse to recognise' that we handed them a proper skelping. Funny that.

Of course. Imagine the scum had dominated and beat Hivs in the manner we did, not a chance so much would have been made of a solitary pass by a player on the losing side. As good as it was. The only folk who I'd imagine hes implying or stating aren't giving the credit are Rangers fans, I assume that's what his article is about, yet I've still to hear one genuine comment that's downplayed it.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Of course. Imagine the scum had dominated and beat Hivs in the manner we did, not a chance so much would have been made of a solitary pass by a player on the losing side. As good as it was. The only folk who I'd imagine hes implying or stating aren't giving the credit are Rangers fans, I assume that's what his article is about, yet I've still to hear one genuine comment that's downplayed it.

Look at the aftermath of the st Johnstone game. Article upon article of gushing praise for them (mostly by tom english) and I would argue that hibs are a much harder team to play against than st. Johnstone. 

I agree with your statement regarding it being about us not giving them credit, strange argument for them to make as pretty much everyone to a man or woman has said it was a cracking pass. Nothing much mentioned about our 34 shots on goal. In fact, if any hibs player should be getting praise, it should be Marciano (though wasn't great at a few of the goals).

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Strangely enough not one mention of Defoe’s perfect hat-trick. 

Leigh Griffiths does that and the DR would be offering to pay off his tic bill

I remember some other person doing a perfect hat trick and within 2 months he was worth 50m and sent to London but Chelsea knew fuck all about it.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It shows the Scottish game in a really bad light constantly highlighting that pass

That pass happens on a regular basis in most top league's in Europe. Coming across as an amateur league here 

Agreed, the article is doing the opposite of what I consider it’s intention.

I had a great view of it in CR and its not often that you cannot specifically highlight a fault in the defence so fair dues great pass, but to say no other player on the pitch could do it is delusional, especially in direct comparison you had a 35 year old Davis setting up our 3rd goal with a great piece of skill but no hysteria, OTT replays etc

2 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Fucking hell. It was a good pass I'm not going to lie but cunts are now writing full articles solely dedicated to it. And this isn't the only one. Obviously we should ignore it but it's pretty funny. When we win the league they'll still be talking about shit like this.

Rangers win the league. Morelos top goalscorer. Tav most assists. McGregor most clean sheets. Aribo player of the year. 

Journalists: Aye but how good was that pass from Allan. How good was that goal kick from Lewis. How good was that clearance from Findlay! 

It would be newsworthy if it was something he did regularly, but the fact it's been picked up in a game that they've been skelped in and he didn't do a lot else tells you it's own story.   It was a good pass through  a defence that was open because the opponents were playing an offensive game.  Rather than observing that no other player on the park could do that, my observation would be I'd expect that most pro players should be able to pick that pass, particularly that the run made by Horgan was pretty much perfect.  If he could do that regularly he wouldn't be at Hibs....but the fact it's being lauded like this in isolation tells you he doesn't do it regularly.

What was more impressive was Davis' run through a packed defence, creating space wide and chipping a ball on to a  small guys head at the back post between two bigger centre halfs.  The difference is Davis has been doing this his whole career on a bigger stage and as an international, so it's not really a surprise...but when a journeyman pro does it, it's unexpected and becomes newsworthy.  

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Who exactly is refusing to accept it was a great pass? It was, that's been said by everyone I've heard comment on it.

He seems to be spectacularly though probably deliberately missing the point.

Spot on👍

8 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I’ve not even heard about this tbh!!

Its OK. Because our friend Andy Walker said it would have been soft. 

Penalty all day long that big goon Ajer running into the box wrong side of the Motherwell player gives him a shove and trips him. Really poor defending being wrong side and wouldn't go down well with the powers that be for a negative on somebody they will be looking to punt for big bucks. 

Boyd and the other half time panelist both said it was a pen. 

3 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

That article headline should read;

”refusal to recognise Rangers magical performance in a 6-1 mauling is a prime example of Scotland (papish) negative attitude.”

11 minutes ago, Bertent said:

On the plus side its all very indicative of their pain levels two games in. It could get rather enjoyable.

Whilst that's true and they're frothing at the mouths, theyve not had the ammunition yet to start their campaigns against us. First mere hint of a bad tackle, simulation etc, they'll be highlighting things to the compliance officer demanding retrospective action. That's when they become dangerous fools rather than just fools, as they've had success here previously and would love nothing more than to cause us suspensions.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Whilst that's true and they're frothing at the mouths, theyve not had the ammunition yet to start their campaigns against us. First mere hint of a bad tackle, simulation etc, they'll be highlighting things to the compliance officer demanding retrospective action. That's when they become dangerous fools rather than just fools, as they've had success here previously and would love nothing more than to cause us suspensions.

Oh they will try, it’s in the post

Archived