*****The Official Rangers V Hibs Match Thread*****

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, .Williamson. said:

Because I haven't suddenly decided he's a good player for literally no reason after rightfully thinking he was awful last season?

Based on nothing mate. Tonight was physical. Not a game for Barisic. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Based on nothing mate. Tonight was physical. Not a game for Barisic. 

What's based on nothing?

My opinion on Barisic is based on watching him play for us and thinking he's not good. He wasn't good at the weekend either and his good delivery that I hear people mention doesn't exist :lol:

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

What's based on nothing?

My opinion on Barisic is based on watching him play for us and thinking he's not good. He wasn't good at the weekend either and his good delivery that I hear people mention doesn't exist :lol:

Barisic has rarely played well for us and certainly hasn't done anything memorable this year other than a free kick. But then again you have slated Jones in every match thread so far this year so I'm guessing you know sweet fuck all or are you just one of many who likes to complain even though we are 6 wins  0 losses this year. Get behind the team you were born to love.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What's based on nothing?

Sorry my last post thought you liked Barisic. Ha Ha ! 

Just now, bluenoz said:

Barisic has rarely played well for us and certainly hasn't done anything memorable this year other than a free kick. But then again you have slated Jones in every match thread so far this year so I'm guessing you know sweet fuck all or are you just one of many who likes to complain even though we are 6 wins  0 losses this year. Get behind the team you were born to love.

I'm going to help you out here mate by letting you know I previously during a match thread made it very clear I was winding everyone up about Jones 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I'm going to help you out here mate by letting you know I previously during a match thread made it very clear I was winding everyone up about Jones 

Well I come on here without the sarcasm. Jones is no Laudrup but he's no bad and Gerrard thinks so as well.

12 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barisic

Davis Jack Aribo

OJo Morelos Arfield

Expect something like that. Maybe Flanagan. 

I think Flanno may start because of his physical ability. Bara is powderpuff in a challenge 

13 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Foderingham 

Tavernier Goldson Katic Halliday

Jack Aribo Kamara

Arfield/Ojo Jones

Morelos

Hopefully the first of two games full of surround sound loyalist bile. Play up the boys in blue

Your Wes joke is as bad as my Barisic chat.

And picking Halliday when he is a 3rd choice left back is just pathetic.

Apart from that I like your team, but think Davis will play.

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Sounds like Kamara's picked up a knock and might be a doubt so we'll probably see Davis back in that midfield three. 

Think Davis was always likely to step in regardless. One of them picking up a knock just makes it easier for Gerrard to decide on who makes way.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Think Davis was always likely to step in regardless. One of them picking up a knock just makes it easier for Gerrard to decide on who makes way.

You're probably right. Our games against them always seem to be played at double speed and while (in theory) I can see the wisdom in playing Davis to "slow it down", I actually think that's rarely worked for us in practice, and I'd prefer to see the more mobile three of Kamara, Aribo, and Jack. 

13 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Will be happy with whoever plays as long as Davis and Barisic are on the bench/not in the squad 

Fair enough Barisic but why not Davis, lads been decent imo as of late

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Would love to lay down a marker but we have only beat them twice in the last 10 meetings. Once in 4 meetings at Ibrox which was the 1-0 in May(lost twice).

Scored 3 goals in 4 games against them last season. This is a real test against a solid defence.

Would settle for a 1-0 win right now.

Similar to Kilmarnock, hadn't beaten them at Rugby Park in the league for 8 years but came away with 3 points!

Have a sneaky feeling we'll hammer them! Spirits high after last night and all that! 

20 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Would love to lay down a marker but we have only beat them twice in the last 10 meetings. Once in 4 meetings at Ibrox which was the 1-0 in May(lost twice).

Scored 3 goals in 4 games against them last season. This is a real test against a solid defence.

Would settle for a 1-0 win right now.

2 in 10 wow! I really didn't know our record was that bad against them.

Those 3 goals are annoying considering we could have scored 5+ both times at Easter Rd last season.

Just win Rangers!

41 minutes ago, stu90 said:

Fair enough Barisic but why not Davis, lads been decent imo as of late

Kills our play, will always take the safe sideways/backwards option and slows things down

Look at the passes we played through the Midtjylland lines and the speed that we countered at last night, night and day to when Davis plays 

He gives our defenders the easy way out as well, last night they were forced to start play off by playing out from the back again through the lines and started some attacks off. Davis drops so deep to take the ball off them that they just tap it to him and any kind of tempo is killed right at the start of the attack  

Others might not see it because he isn’t visibly doing anything wrong as such but I just think he’s a negative influence on the way we play as opposed to the positivity shown by the 3 that played last night. I also just don’t think it’s necessary to have him there when Jack is playing

Archived