Bury

Claddie

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

The Neville brothers came thru Bury and their father was Chairman. 

Think they might be able to chip in a couple of quid. 

Don’t think they can.. they directors with Salford city.. that no a conflict of interest?

salford are in the EFL now.  

I know it probably isn’t feasible and I’m more than likely speaking shite but with Rangers having two structures just now with one not yet completed the liquidation stage(can it be reverted back to an administrator if money is available) could Bury be a way into the English league. Keep a reserve team in the Scottish league( if sfa allow it, if not fuck them their loss )and transfer the oldco structure  to replace the bury one.  

12 hours ago, Claddie said:

Not looking good.

I'm putting a little something in.

https://www.gofundme.com/save-bury-football-club

I don't remember any support financially heading our way apart from Linfield, I wish them well but with 7k raised against a 500k total I reckon it is an uphill struggle.

It just shows you how fucked football is when a couple of weeks money for a top EPL player covers what could wipe out the debt of a club over 130 years old and previous FA cup winners.

Read a comment on the page last night stating that someone had donated in memory of a loved one.

That comment stuck with me...fans who’ve likely followed the club  their whole lives but are no longer with us to try to help save it.

Lovely gesture, yet heartbreaking at the same time.

Unbelievable that you’ve got Man Utd and city just down the road paying players hundreds of thousands and week and tens sometimes hundreds of millions in transfer fees and yet Bury are desperate for 500k to stay afloat. What a disgrace football has become...

13 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Don’t think they can.. they directors with Salford city.. that no a conflict of interest?

Think they may be allowed to make a donation but not have any involvement in management 

1 hour ago, Bristol loyal said:

Unbelievable that you’ve got Man Utd and city just down the road paying players hundreds of thousands and week and tens sometimes hundreds of millions in transfer fees and yet Bury are desperate for 500k to stay afloat. What a disgrace football has become...

Sanchez on that a week and wasn’t playing most weeks last season, absolute disgrace 

15 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

There are ways round it if you’re a rich ex player.

Wives, grannies..........

But I suppose they see it as flogging a dead horse

Unfortunate

13 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

I don’t think Bury will be in City’s good books after the way they treated their training ground.

So the previous chairman had built up this debt with reckless spending and this new chairman bought the club without realising the size of the debt? Nah not having that for one second, this new chairman is having everyone on. Always thought EFL clubs will be the 1st ones to burst the bubble down there. 

2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

City let Bury use their training facilities rent free but they treated it terribly and got evicted.

Ah ok didn't realise that. 

Complete lack of respect.....fair play to man city for that.

On 11/08/2019 at 11:58, dee9 said:

Ah ok didn't realise that. 

Complete lack of respect.....fair play to man city for that.

Tbf I think part of the reason the training ground ended up in such a state was down to Bury having to pay off the staff that maintained it. Still not good though.

Archived