What does Rangers mean too you

The Blue

9 hours ago, The Blue said:

Supporting Rangers is not just a hobby its a way of life, somthing I was born into, passed on to me by mother which I pass on to my sons. Its being part of a family that may be chastised by the SMSM at every turn however is true in its traditions and is a club of heritage that none can equal. The best memory I have growing up was bounceing about my liveing room celebrateing with my brother the Nacho Novo penalty that took us too Manchester, my biggest regret is not going cos my boss said he would sack me and my pal if ether one of us took the day off (joyless cunt).  Never understood when I was younger that Rangers is not a choice but a way of life, it wasn't untill I was celebrateing in the broomy rear with my oldest that it hit home to me that Rangers are more than a football team, they are a institution that my family has followed for generations and I am proud to continue the tradition. Was feeling a bit nostalgic so was wondering......what does Rangers mean too you?

It means that much. I would not be responsible for my actions if in a room with Whyte and DM 

8 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

Apart from family it's been the one constant love throughout my life from the age of around five when my Uncle Freddy took me to my first match at Ibrox v Patrick Thistle, I'm sixty four years old now, that's what The Rangers mean to me.

Superb post 

And that is how it is for most of us 

8 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Imagine how you will feel come May if we win the fucker. It’s weird, I’ve always been confident of winning the league every season, even the last few when it’s been unlikely, this season though I’m actually nervous as fuck, probably more than I’ve ever been, especially at the start of a campaign. Maybe it’s because we realistically have a side capable of doing it, but the importance is off the scale 

I am the same regarding being nervous about winning league. I think my anxiety comes from the fear that if we don't do it this year the board might decide to replace SG and we could be back to where we were a couple of seasons ago. Regardless on quality pf new manager he would need to build HIS team and we could go another 3 or 4 years without winning it. If we do fail I hope we at least get a cup or two and the board stick by SG. 

1 hour ago, Rasedw said:

I've never lived in Scotland. I'm from mid Wales, during my youth I always was hounded by Welsh nationalists in this area and I hated it. I've never connected with the celtic Welsh identity. And always seen my self as British rather than Welsh. I have  Welsh parents. English born. Scottish and Northern Irish family .

Because there isn't really any local clubs in my area. I didn't really support a team for the early years of my life. I'd go to watch Aston Villa with my grandad. But that was it really.

When I saw Rangers play for the first time in like 2007-2008. I fell Iove with the culture of the club. Whilst most of my friends supported top 6 EPL teams. I'd actually found a club that spoke to my identity, A club that I loved and wanted to be apart of no matter what  And ever since then I've been Rangers through and through

There is nothing I love more than Rangers FC. I travel up from Wales whenever I can. And Ill ways stick with this club. Through the 3rd div. Through annything.

Rangers means my identity. Rangers is who I am. And I'm so thankful for the Rangers support for accepting me into the club with open arms. 

Whilst I wasn't born into a Rangers family. I've felt like I was chosen to support this great club. Without Rangers life would be horrible. 

Wow superb post buddy :tu:

11 hours ago, badjon said:

She always says Rangers, beer, food and then me, looking at that God knows how she sticks around😋

This was the conversation me and the missus had the other week and it was in that order too :mutley:

It's my birthday tomorrow and she booked for us to go away for the night , we're no going anywhere until I get back from the game doll.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nothing beats walking up them steps to your seat with the pitch resplendent in the background- the hairs on your neck the anticipation the absolute privilege emotionally pumped 

i fucking love it  

Definitely. Also love approaching the stadium and gazing up at it as I get closer. It blew me away when I was a wee boy and it still does now

It's like a love, religion, tradition, way of life, family,  duty, passion, dream, inspiration, hero, with a consistent demand to be the best, to never accept being second and to win at all costs.

To me thats what it means to be a Rangers fan, and what it's felt like through the years.

17 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

part from family it's been the one constant love throughout my life from the age of around five when my Uncle Freddy took me to my first match at Ibrox v Patrick Thistle, I'm sixty four years old now, that's what The Rangers mean to me.

Family leave and new wives come and go :mutley:
The one constant in 65 years have been Rangers.
The 3 before that were watching Ayr Utd with my Da and brothers,and Rangers came to the town and it was then I knew I was one of the chosen.
One of them still supports Ayr,but!!!he's a fuckin wierdo :stevieg: