Sign in to follow this  
Sparkle

Jack - magnificent today

3 hours ago, TMB said:

Jack and Davis are good but they sit very deep.  We really need a third central midfielder who plays middle to front and gets in the opposition box.  Aribo doesn’t seem to be doing that often enough.  Maybe give this guy King a try? 

The change to 4-2-3-1 in second half brought the best out of Aribo.

5 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Massive player for us. Getting better and better under Gerrard.

It makes sense doesn't it 

one of the best midfield players ever as your gaffer if you can't learn from him you cant from any one. its no coincedence ! 

my pal said to me I bet ya Gerard said you where my number #8 you have to own it make it your own and 

Jack has been class ! 

22 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A formation we should use more often. I get that Gerrard is trying to replicate what Klopp does with Liverpool but we don’t have three world class forwards to carry the load and make up for the lack of goals and creativity from midfield like they do and we don’t play teams that have the attacking threat that most Premier League teams do either.

STEPPS BOY and BlueKnight87 like this

Just now, DBBTB said:

A formation we should use more often. I get that Gerrard is trying to replicate what Klopp does with Liverpool but we don’t have three world class forwards to carry the load and make up for the lack of goals and creativity from midfield and we don’t play teams that have the threat that Premier League teams do either.

Look at the difference in Aribo when he was gave the freedom.

One of my gripes with Gerrard. The same formation whether away at Villareal or at home to Hamilton.

Aribos always a better player once the game slows down, struggles in high intensity games.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

One of my gripes with Gerrard. The same formation whether away at Villareal or at home to Hamilton.

It’s an area that he needs to develop in and hopefully that will come as he gets more experience as a manager.

It’s a bit bizarre that the two times he’s really tried different things have been massive games where we needed to win - Kilmarnock last season and celtic this season - rather than trying it against a St Mirren or Hamilton at Ibrox.

Just now, Smile said:

Aribos always a better player once the game slows down, struggles in high intensity games.

He has struggled but yesterday and the last 25 mins at Killie, both times we changed formation, he has looked far better.

I'd like to see 4-2-3-1 used more often. 

Once kent is fit. Him and Ojo down the wings.

With Arfield/Aribo through the middle behind morelos/defoe

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

It’s an area that he needs to develop in and hopefully that will come as he gets more experience as a manager.

It’s a bit bizarre that the two times he’s really tried different things have been massive games where we needed to win - Kilmarnock last season and celtic this season - rather than trying it against a St Mirren or Hamilton at Ibrox.

He shat himself against the tarriers. Plain and simple.

Also the way we’ve played this season - i see no reason why Alfie and Defoe can’t play together against your hamiltons etc

DBBTB and ForeverAndEver like this

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'd like to see 4-2-3-1 used more often. 

Once kent is fit. Him and Ojo down the wings.

With Arfield/Aribo through the middle behind morelos/defoe

Yeah and also in certain games have Arfield in the two but with license to press forward.

BlueKnight87 likes this

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He shat himself against the tarriers. Plain and simple.

Also the way we’ve played this season - i see no reason why Alfie and Defoe can’t play together against your hamiltons etc

He wasn’t the only one that shat it mate.  That side the gaffer put out was mind boggling. 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

A formation we should use more often. I get that Gerrard is trying to replicate what Klopp does with Liverpool but we don’t have three world class forwards to carry the load and make up for the lack of goals and creativity from midfield like they do and we don’t play teams that have the attacking threat that most Premier League teams do either.

Plus teams dont sit in against Liverpool like we face 

Bizarre to think that some people expected Rossiter to take Jack’s jersey when fit.

It’s actually more laughable than bizarre seeing how it’s turned out.

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Yes, but it's all relative as we are playing against dross.

25 minutes ago, papaguy51 said:

Bizarre to think that some people expected Rossiter to take Jack’s jersey when fit.

It’s actually more laughable than bizarre seeing how it’s turned out.

To be fair Jack took time to bed in but then again that shitshow of a season with that clown Caixinha and then Murty in charge didnt enhance any of our players reputations. Jack has really come on leaps and bounds, best midfielder in Scottish football bar none.

Bears r us and Blue Avenger like this

5 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He went 3-5-2 against Motherwell and everyone shat the bed.

A lot of the Rangers support - specifically at home - aren’t ready for fluid alterations to formations mid-game. Going from a back four to a back three or five would completely blow some minds. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes, but it's all relative as we are playing against dross.

It’s all relative but Burnley aside how many teams are Liverpool facing who come and park the bus in the manner that teams we face domestically do?

There’s absolutely no need for us to have three midfielders playing so deep, especially at home against teams who aren’t interested in trying to win games and especially when Aribo has looked better when he has a bit more freedom to play further forward and create.

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It’s all relative but Burnley aside how many teams are Liverpool facing who come and park the bus in the manner that teams we face domestically do?

There’s absolutely no need for us to have three midfielders playing so deep, especially at home against teams who aren’t interested in trying to win games and especially when Aribo has looked better when he has a bit more freedom to play further forward and create.

I agree there is no need.

DBBTB likes this