Sign in to follow this  
Sparkle

Jack - magnificent today

Personally think there is no chance of him leaving. He doesn't want to go anywhere. Loves it here and is playing the best football of his career. We are on the verge of something a bit special and I think he feels it and wants to be a part of it. He's also pivotal to it. We need him tied down and I think it will happen. Not to concerned about it to be honest. Brilliant again. His all round game is so good.

Blumhoilann likes this

Before this season I wasn't a fan. Thought he was a bit of a nothing player who dropped too deep, slowed the game and wasn't influencing games enough for  Rangers starting centre mid.

Now he's completely turned it around. He is fitter, positioning is top class and he has great determination. He keeps his passing simple and rarely gives it away.  Ok he won't score many but helpsother players shine and sets the tone for the effort a Rangers player should show  Have to say I'm a convert 

Quite a few people pointed out last season that he's a much better player when he is free to go further forward than we were used to. He struggles if he has to sit deep. He can come deep but he's better with the freedom to go box-to-box.

For me, it has been the excellence of Davis in the deep role that has seen both Jack and Barisic begin to shine. He is giving both of them the security to go forward. And I was against Davis returning. Dumb cunt that I obviously am.

Jack and Davis are good but they sit very deep.  We really need a third central midfielder who plays middle to front and gets in the opposition box.  Aribo doesn’t seem to be doing that often enough.  Maybe give this guy King a try? 

51 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Before this season I wasn't a fan. Thought he was a bit of a nothing player who dropped too deep, slowed the game and wasn't influencing games enough for  Rangers starting centre mid.

Now he's completely turned it around. He is fitter, positioning is top class and he has great determination. He keeps his passing simple and rarely gives it away.  Ok he won't score many but helpsother players shine and sets the tone for the effort a Rangers player should show  Have to say I'm a convert 

No offence but he was amazing last year , listening to past comments from gerrard, been his man in the middle.for a long time now.

Said it for months now , every succesful team has a player like ryan jack

Ger_onimo and 1690tamRFC like this

Best midfielder in Scotland. Yet can't get in the national team. Although that's probably because they spent 4days trying to break him before the Russian game.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Jack and Davis are good but they sit very deep.  We really need a third central midfielder who plays middle to front and gets in the opposition box.  Aribo doesn’t seem to be doing that often enough.  Maybe give this guy King a try? 

Thought Aribo was excellent second half.  Totally anonymous first half.

10 hours ago, Lloyd said:

Flanagan can go anytime tbh he’s never gonna get a look in at RB and at LB he gives me the fear. 

If we let every player go who has gave you the fear we'd have a squad of about three.  Flanagan is great cover especially if Bornas fails to maintain his new found form.

46 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Best midfielder in Scotland. Yet can't get in the national team. Although that's probably because they spent 4days trying to break him before the Russian game.

Best midfield player in Scotland can't get into the Scotland team because he's Irish 😉

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If we let every player go who has gave you the fear we'd have a squad of about three.  Flanagan is great cover especially if Bornas fails to maintain his new found form.

He’s nowhere near good enough. 

2 hours ago, Mclean RFC said:

No offence but he was amazing last year , listening to past comments from gerrard, been his man in the middle.for a long time now.

Said it for months now , every succesful team has a player like ryan jack

Reminds me of stuart mccall in walters first time here