*****The Official Rangers v FC Midtjylland Thread*****

RangersMedia

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seemed to me from SG's press conference that he's got the journos tamed into meek or daft questions.    His visible recoil when asked if he thought Katic has the mentality to play for Rangers probably spoke volumes more to that journo than SGs (very measured and decisive) verbal response.   And the put down for the journo who had not done his homework was amusing.

Its to be hoped and expected that he has got the squad into a state of readiness for the game where there is no complacency whatsoever and they set about finishing the job of winning the tie......hopefully in some style too. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

What if SG played not to lose again, would that upset the momentum or would it be good management if we drew in a non eventful match?

Tough one. I'd like to think Gerrard knows that isn't on at Ibrox. Not to mention the ridicule that will follow if we get pumped out the Europa League 48 hours after we were pishing ourselves at the scum.

Play to win, get in their faces and get an early goal to get the job done. No point inviting pressure unnecessarily. If we play to win, but concede first, then maybe you could forgive shutting up shop.

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

What if SG played not to lose again, would that upset the momentum or would it be good management if we drew in a non eventful match?

A draw wouldn't upset me although I would think more like 1-0 or 2-0 would be the right result. I don't expect us to score a barrel load.

We have a big enough squad to put out a strong side and come out the traps quickly. Even though it would take a lot for them to win, sitting in and them scoring early would be massively annoying and put us under unnecessary pressure. For me we need a victory to not only maintain momentum but also keep building confidence within the squad and allowing them to understand the ethos of our club. Accepting a draw is one thing, but setting up or playing for one is something else, we should never get into that mindset. Especially after celtic being humiliated a comfortable win for us would show how far we have come and build the pressure on them psychologically. 

Archived