*****The Official Rangers v FC Midtjylland Thread*****

RangersMedia

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-1.

Get one early doors and the tie's over with the minimum of fuss.  Don't, ffs, play not to lose cos Midtylland will do anything in order to get set pieces anywhere in the final third.  Those long throw-ins are dangerous, btw.

6 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

What if SG played not to lose again, would that upset the momentum or would it be good management if we drew in a non eventful match?

If the outcome ends up being that then I'd take it, but there's no chance we set up for that especially when we have East Fife at the weekend and I would guess the majority of players to get their rest then. 

5 hours ago, BrotherTJ said:

3-1.

Get one early doors and the tie's over with the minimum of fuss.  Don't, ffs, play not to lose cos Midtylland will do anything in order to get set pieces anywhere in the final third.  Those long throw-ins are dangerous, btw.

Agree mate, im having a wee 5er on 3-1 aswell. Buzzin for this. Hopefully get my brother to drive in so i can have afew cans!

27 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

If we score early this could be anything tbh

I think this game could well go along the same lines as progress away and Gerrard looking to not concede or lose rather than beating them. Hope I'm wrong but I reckon it will be a dull 0-0 or a narrow 1-0 win

19 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I think this game could well go along the same lines as progress away and Gerrard looking to not concede or lose rather than beating them. Hope I'm wrong but I reckon it will be a dull 0-0 or a narrow 1-0 win

I can’t see this being a dull one at all. I’m certain they’ll score one, maybe two. Just as  long as we score too and hopefully first.

They’re capable of applying serious pressure though, so it’s not going to be dull.

9 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

What if SG played not to lose again, would that upset the momentum or would it be good management if we drew in a non eventful match?

SG said hes seeing the tie as 0-0 again. We will be playing to win. Lets remember they need 3 goals so they kinda need to go for it at some point. ill go 2-1 Rangers

41 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I know SG has Rangers as his main focus but he will also be aware that a win is better for the Scottish coefficient than a draw and that benefits us going forward. celtic losing a goal in the last minute on Tuesday cost Scotland moving from 19th to 18th even though they would have still gone out at 3 each. 

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I know SG has Rangers as his main focus but he will also be aware that a win is better for the Scottish coefficient than a draw and that benefits us going forward. celtic losing a goal in the last minute on Tuesday cost Scotland moving from 19th to 18th even though they would have still gone out at 3 each. 

I have no idea exactly how they work it out but are we not a long way off making any noticeable dif to where we enter qualifying rounds etc?? 

10 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I can't see him setting out like that , it would only be asking for trouble imo.

He will have it drilled into them the importance of concentration and will likely drop one of the wingers though I feel were far better with two.......look at Sunday .

There will be a willingness to get forward and create chances , if we get one it will settle any nerves and I believe we will go from strength to strength but we won't be hung go. There will be a menacing purpose to our play with full commitment to defending our goal.

24 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Brumado, one of their big strikers, is not fit for the game, apparently. Good news for us. Might mean that they are going 4-4-2, according to their forums.

I think if they go with that system, as long as we defend well, we'll hurt them going forward yet again.

Archived