Connor Goldson

BlueMe

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If it’s in the air I can see why he’d rather let Katic, if it’s an option in all honesty.

More bouncing balls around the box, mate.

Seems to hesitate,  waiting for Katic to step in.

And what you said about the ball in the air - it’s how Barisic got clattered on Thursday - Like Katic feels he has to do everybody’s work for them.

32 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Katic as my main CB with rotation (if need be) for the other CB position. 

But there's something lacking in what the defence are being asked to do.  Playing out from the back is fine but when they are being pressed they have to punt the ball out of danger. Why the fuck do they try to pass it short when being put under pressure? It's a basic fuck up that we persist with, and paid dearly for today. 

Yes, but they're not. They're playing pass the parcel along the line before moving it forward and the fucking baw comes back again. Rinse and repeat. Simlply inviting trouble on to us, or making progress forward endless, allowing the oppo sit in and get organised, which we fail to break down, or it's revert to a high baw to the smallest two strikers in the league. A fucking joke.

Where the fuck is all the free flowing high tempo and defence splitting passes? If we were playing fucking rugby we'd be unchallenged champions in the amount of sideways and back passing. I take that back, rugby teams get forward quicker than we do.

It's a hard fucking watch.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Aye and likewise with Tav.

I agree mate, but when tavs on song there’s no denying he makes us tick. Assists and goals are what keeps tav in the team even though he not 100% too atm. We just had a bad fucking day at the office yesterday, hopefully lulls that mob into false security👍🏻🇬🇧

9 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Katic as my main CB with rotation (if need be) for the other CB position. 

But there's something lacking in what the defence are being asked to do.  Playing out from the back is fine but when they are being pressed they have to punt the ball out of danger. Why the fuck do they try to pass it short when being put under pressure? It's a basic fuck up that we persist with, and paid dearly for today. 

Trying to play football we’re just not good enough to play. It’s infuriating 

11 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Always prone to a mistake and one cost us big time today of all days. The number of times he ballooned the ball straight out of play was infuriating too. Just gave them more time to waste giving away needless throw ins and goal kicks. 

Since joining us he’s played a crazy number of minutes and it looks like it’s taking his toll on him, both mentally and physically. Think he’d benefit from some time on the bench but he’s one of the first names on Gerrard’s teamsheet every week...even if he makes a costly mistake in the previous match. The guy can do no wrong in the gaffer’s eyes it would seem.

I'd play big Edmundson in front of him tbh and not just for his Worrellesk blunder yesterday.

he will be out of the team for the next match. can see gerrard going with helander and katic for the next few games. goldson needs taken out of the first xi and perhaps reminded that his starting slot is not guaranteed. 

needs to up his game or sit on the sidelines. any more continued lapses in concentration should see him demoted as an automatic choice. 

1 minute ago, KWBear said:

he will be out of the team for the next match. can see gerrard going with helander and katic for the foreseeable future. goldson needs taken out of the first xi and perhaps reminded that his starting slot is not guaranteed. 

needs to up his game or sit on the sidelines. any more continued lapses in concentration should see him demoted as an automatic choice. 

Genuinely wouldn't shock me if its Katic he drops, Gerrard's got a throbber for Goldson and because Katic was poor yesterday as well that will no doubt be his reasoning.

He fucked up, not helped by the lack of an outball. That said I think he's had a solid season so far. Might be time to give Helander a try now that he's had some time to bed in. Goldson is the least of our worries tbh. Arfield looks knackered and we don't have a suitable 3rd forward to play with Morelos and Arfield even when he's fit 

2 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

I said to my boy last season if he was our CB we would lose goals through him, he's a bomb scare, looks nervy as fuck when he's got the ball, yesterday proved it, good defender but not good enough for us.

I've been saying similar since we signed him. Even if he starts a match well, as soon as he makes a mistake he seems to fall apart. 

And as much as the midfield hid yesterday, theres no way that we should be starting attacks from the back through Goldson, his passing is garbage and no better than David Bates who was slated on here for less. 

8 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Genuinely wouldn't shock me if its Katic he drops, Gerrard's got a throbber for Goldson and because Katic was poor yesterday as well that will no doubt be his reasoning.

know what you mean, Goldson seems to be his man but I dont think Katic was particularly horrendous yesterday. Goldson needs a spell out of the side IMO, interesting to see if he goes with it and drops him. 

13 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I'd play big Edmundson in front of him tbh and not just for his Worrellesk blunder yesterday.

Obviously had limited first team action so far, but based on what I've seen so far, I like the look of him. Looks fast and strong. Remember him looking particularly assured against Progres.