Connor Goldson

BlueMe

6 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

I'd play big Edmundson in front of him tbh and not just for his Worrellesk blunder yesterday.

I agree, the problem SG has is that Helander is left footed so may be considered a shoe in for LCB.

It's a conundrum for sure but definitely Goldson should be an interested spectator for a while as SG considers Katic (who has been playing well)  V Edmundson (who has never ever put a foot wrong)

Goldson is no Amoruso , yet he makes the same mistakes  and gets the similar abuse

Wasn't happy yesterday but he gives much more to our team than many credit him with .

The scum scored with their only chance in first half  . I wish we would occasionally have this kind of success working with crumbs.

It usually takes us around 10 chances to convert 1 or 2

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Goldson is no Amoruso , yet he makes the same mistakes  and gets the similar abuse

Wasn't happy yesterday but he gives much more to our team than many credit him with .

The scum scored with their only chance . I wish we would occasionally have this kind of success working with crumbs.

They scored twice. 

51 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The scum scored with their only chance in first half  . I wish we would occasionally have this kind of success working with crumbs.

No way we’d have scored of even attempted the thru ball if we picked it up in that position , probably 42 square passes then end up back at Greegs 

7 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Goldson has been the source of our bombscare defending since he has come to the club. His poor positioning causes tav no end of issues and makes tav look like he has no positional sense. He holds the ball far too long before releasing the pass. For me edmundson hadnt put a foot wrong in the games hes played and i would put faith in him and katic as a partnership

Agree wholeheartedly with 99% of this. I just don't think Tav's poor positional sense is all Goldson's fault. I personally don't think he has very much to begin with. Sorry. I'd love to see more of Edmondson, paired ideally with Katic.

52 minutes ago, Algeran said:

The whole problem is Tav is not a defender therefore shouldn't be playing RB. Tav is great but I've always maintained he should be starting in midfield

He's played RB his full career. I can't understand this talk of him being a midfielder its fucking mental 

You'd think that behind the scenes Helander and Edmundson will be pressing Gerrard hard for first team game time after yesterday.    Its not good enough for far too many players - Goldson included and as deputy captain at that - to have games (very important games) where the don't turn up to anywhere near the required level.   

There are 2 other central defenders who are pressing for first team games and if Goldson (and Katic) are not sufficiently motivated on a constant game by game basis by that then they should expect to be relieved of their starting positions and required to keep a bench warm while the other 2 get more of a chance to show their worth.   Helander was our most expensive summer buy ffs and he's barely getting any game time...…….ostensibly because of the form of Goldson and Katic.     Well the form has shifted after yesterday. 

It was a poor day at the office for nearly the whole team including subs. You hear the manager saying we want to play with aggression be on the front foot be ruthless in front of goal try and put the game to bed early. then he sets us up to play our biggest rivals aka scum bastards like he did. It beggars belief and I still can't get over it what was he thinking was he on the hashish when going over the tactics amateurish to say the least and it must never happen again in any of our games.