Joe Aribo in Nigeria Squad

Bronzy

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TMB said:

I’ll be like Steven Gerrard after the St.Mirren game - Nothing but praise.  Meanwhile you’ll be on here criticising everything the guy does.

Not at all I’d be delighted if he came good consistently , we’re in even more trouble with him if St Mirren is a top performance though , great goal , absolute weak the rest 

Mad that cunts think a footballer playing a slightly different position to the one he’s used to means he cannot function :lol: he literally played a bit further forward than normal (when he’s known to be good further up anyway) against the tarriers. He was pish end of.

12 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Mad that cunts think a footballer playing a slightly different position to the one he’s used to means he cannot function :lol: he literally played a bit further forward than normal (when he’s known to be good further up anyway) against the tarriers. He was pish end of.

There’s a huge difference in playing with the ball in front of you, to playing with your back to goal. 

He was rotten, but your above point is totally uninformed. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There’s a huge difference in playing with the ball in front of you, to playing with your back to goal. 

He was rotten, but your above point is totally uninformed. 

He didn’t play with his back to goal.. he was the left of a narrow front 3.

I’ve got high hopes for Aribo but honestly, some of the flip flopping on here. If we’re being honest, it wasn’t just one bad game, he had about 3 quiet games on the bounce. 

Retreating to pick the ball up, square passes, very little running beyond the forwards.

Not sure whether SG has given him free rain to do all of the above but I’d have hoped he’d have told him to stay higher, especially if Jack and Davis are part of the 3. One thing’s for sure, he needs to start delivering again pronto.

2 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

I’ve got high hopes for Aribo but honestly, some of the flip flopping on here. If we’re being honest, it wasn’t just one bad game, he had about 3 quiet games on the bounce. 

Retreating to pick the ball up, square passes, very little running beyond the forwards.

Not sure whether SG has given him free rain to do all of the above but I’d have hoped he’d have told him to stay higher, especially if Jack and Davis are part of the 3. One thing’s for sure, he needs to start delivering again pronto.

fuck right off like. 

i agree with the first two lines but to say he needs to start delivering pronto is ridiculous. He was not brought in to be a sure fire starter that would deliver instant success. He is a project player (that has scored 4 in 12 might I add) He is going to blow hot and cold just like many a player does, just like kent did last season, just like morelos did earlier in his Rangers career. If he is not playing well, we need to protect him and look to the rest of our squad to make the difference. Possibly why we are rumoured to be looking at marchisio.

Slightly off topic, but Lee Bowyer was on Jim Whites show on Talk sport to talk about how well Charlton are doing. Second question the twat asked was whether Aribo made a mistake going to Rangers.  No mention of the fact that since he did, he has made his international debut in which he scored.

The show is a complete shambles, pushing the view  that Raheem Sterling is worth £200 million and is up there with Messi and Ronaldo.

4 hours ago, stevemac said:

fuck right off like. 

i agree with the first two lines but to say he needs to start delivering pronto is ridiculous. He was not brought in to be a sure fire starter that would deliver instant success. He is a project player (that has scored 4 in 12 might I add) He is going to blow hot and cold just like many a player does, just like kent did last season, just like morelos did earlier in his Rangers career. If he is not playing well, we need to protect him and look to the rest of our squad to make the difference. Possibly why we are rumoured to be looking at marchisio.

Disagree.  He’s 23 years old (so not exactly a really young kid) with over 100 games under his belt.  Furthermore, he quite clearly IS a sure fire starter in arguably the most important season of the past 2 or 3. He’s quite clearly not a project player.  He’s playing in a middle 3 in which he’s expected to be the link between the midfield and the strikers. 

Barry Ferguson and Durrant were running midfields at a younger age. Van Bronckhorst was the same age as him and set the place alight. He’s worlds apart from Gerrard, so there’s no comparison, but SG was doing the same. So I’m not having the age thing at all, not at 23 but I do agree we need to protect him, like all players, and I do think SG could do a bit better with that.

Now, of course, every player is going to have some good/bad games from time to time.  But to say he doesn’t need to get back on shit hot form really soon is just daft (when he’s clearly a starter). I really like him as a player and hope he goes on to have a fucking amazing season,  but we don’t have time for passengers, this season of all. 

So, to quote yourself in response, fuck right off like...

1 hour ago, BearInTheToon said:

Disagree.  He’s 23 years old (so not exactly a really young kid) with over 100 games under his belt.  Furthermore, he quite clearly IS a sure fire starter in arguably the most important season of the past 2 or 3. He’s quite clearly not a project player.  He’s playing in a middle 3 in which he’s expected to be the link between the midfield and the strikers. 

Barry Ferguson and Durrant were running midfields at a younger age. Van Bronckhorst was the same age as him and set the place alight. He’s worlds apart from Gerrard, so there’s no comparison, but SG was doing the same. So I’m not having the age thing at all, not at 23 but I do agree we need to protect him, like all players, and I do think SG could do a bit better with that.

Now, of course, every player is going to have some good/bad games from time to time.  But to say he doesn’t need to get back on shit hot form really soon is just daft (when he’s clearly a starter). I really like him as a player and hope he goes on to have a fucking amazing season,  but we don’t have time for passengers, this season of all. 

So, to quote yourself in response, fuck right off like...

Hes a player with 97 appearances in league one to his name. Hes 23 years old and was always considered one for the future.

Defoe, helander, davis etc. Have been brought in as trustworthy starters with their experience, aribo can supplement that.

Just because 25 years ago we had players younger making more of an impact doesnt mean that's what is expected now. Ferguson was brought up on Rangers and he could handle the pressure and step up. Aribo hadnt been at a big club so it's to be expected he will take time to settle in and become a more confident, assured player.

Comparisons in age to Ferguson and Durrant are nonsense on so many levels.  These guys spent years at Rangers and were raised aware of the expectations.   Arbo has arrived at a new club - has basically been here for five minutes (and unlike Ferguson and Durrant is NOT surrounded by stars yet people are already out with the daggers.   

Reminds me of the RM pundits who wanted to sell:  "that petulant cunt to China because he's shite." 

As for the bead rattler game - team was very poor and manager got his tactics wrong. 

Want to see Joe play that #10 role with Kent left of him and Morelos in front --- all3 can play 'a bit' and could be lethal f allowed to develop an understanding together. 

• 1 month later...

Archived