Sign in to follow this  
Bronzy

Joe Aribo in Nigeria Squad

5 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Their last squad for that tournament had players playing in the Championship, German lower leagues, South African league and even the Nigerian league itself.

If you think Aribo has only been capped because he moved to us then you're mental.

Germany lower leagues lol.. was a player from a side currently playing in the top division in Germany.

Making it sound like the squad was filled with lower level players from 3rd tier in Germany. One of those TWO championship players was Mikel, you know the Nigeria captain with 2 Prem titles, a UCL and EL. 

Country picking player currently playing in the country shocker.. also he was a GK as was the single player from SA. An area Nigeria are known to have issues in.

Otabor, Enobakhare and Onyedinma have all played in Championship and never got a call up!

32 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Germany lower leagues lol.. was a player from a side currently playing in the top division in Germany.

Making it sound like the squad was filled with lower level players from 3rd tier in Germany. One of those TWO championship players was Mikel, you know the Nigeria captain with 2 Prem titles, a UCL and EL. 

Country picking player currently playing in the country shocker.. also he was a GK as was the single player from SA. An area Nigeria are known to have issues in.

Otabor, Enobakhare and Onyedinma have all played in Championship and never got a call up!

That's not what I've made it sound like at all. You're being dramatic to try and validate your own point.

The fact is players from shit leagues get called up to the Nigeria squad. It's not a top side filled with world class players all through their squad we're talking about here, they very much have a mixture of talent in their team.

He would have been on their radar after his performances last season which attracted a lot of interest in him but if you want to believe that he's been called up to his national squad solely off the back of 12 games for us, a third of which were against part time opposition then batter in.

Nobody is saying playing for us hasn't helped him but the claim that he's only there because of us is nonsense.

14 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

right back mate 

Thank Fuck, we need one, apparently.

Is he box to box?
Holding?
Number 10?

Right?

Left?

I ask because whilst we can all see the talent, he seems to be more effective with Nigeria than he is with us.

falkirkNS likes this

7 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Is he box to box?
Holding?
Number 10?

Right?

Left?

I ask because whilst we can all see the talent, he seems to be more effective with Nigeria than he is with us.

I blame Livingston and the likes.

42 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I blame Livingston and the likes.

He’s not mature enough

52 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Is he box to box?
Holding?
Number 10?

Right?

Left?

Calm down. He will get there.

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

Is he box to box?
Holding?
Number 10?

Right?

Left?

10 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

He’s not mature enough

Think is exactly it. He's baby in football terms.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Under the right tutelage ( Gerrard and Nigeria), he will be a superstar at 26 worth millions.

17 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Calm down. He will get there.

Calm down?

Players mostly take time to settle, the ones who hit the ground running are the exception rather than the rule. Aribo is a talent and I'm sure he will show his worth consistently with the more experience he gets. You need to remember that he has to play to the instructions of the manager and sometimes even Stevie G gets his tactics wrong. Look at the defeat back at the start of September as an example 

TheCutch likes this

41 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Yea. People getting on his back demanding him to instantly be a superstar. We bought a talent. He might shine in the Nigeria squad, but they arent in the SPL... very different ball game. We have a few players who didnt make an instant impact that are now very valuable to us... that should teach us something.

I’m perfectly calm, I asked a simple question...what position does he plays for Nigeria...point being does that differ from position with us. Is he more suited to that role than the one he’s been given at Ibrox?

I’ve never been on his back at anytime. No idea what you’re on about.

ger4life_1872 likes this

18 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I’m perfectly calm, I asked a simple question...what position does he plays for Nigeria...point being does that differ from position with us. Is he more suited to that role than the one he’s been given at Ibrox?

I’ve never been on his back at anytime. No idea what you’re on about.

Maybe I quoted the wrong post... :lol: