Legia - Rangers rival in Europa League play-off

polishranger

38 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

Lived in Warsaw for 2 and a half years. Went to see Legia once (2017) and they were rotten.

Nice place to eat and drink is Podwale 25 (pod-valley). Or if you're on the lash try Maziowiecka.

I loved the food and drink and hospitality the last time I went to see the gers in Poland but the polish vodka is lethal lol.

5 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Yea, I like Poznan.  thought you might have been up the Mazurian lakes when you mentioned Mosquitoes.

In the sticks with ponds so little bastards are everywhere just paid 80p for a pint so happy days.

8 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Here's a little reminder for you of when we played Górnik Zabrze, BB.117.thumb.JPG.088c99bd433cf7c23ee68f94fa1d7a1c.JPG

I'd rather forget 😊

Was just a kid but they gave us doing. A fine side if it's the same side/year I saw us get gubbed off.  They beat us 3-1 both legs I'm sure and had some very good players. I wonder how far they went in the competition that year - any idea @Ozblue

35 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I'd rather forget 😊

Was just a kid but they gave us doing. A fine side if it's the same side/year I saw us get gubbed off.  They beat us 3-1 both legs I'm sure and had some very good players. I wonder how far they went in the competition that year - any idea @Ozblue

Must of been earlier than when I was there im sure we put them out need to check though as the memory is not what it used to be. Just checked you were there in 1969 cwc I was there 1987 drew 1-1 in Poland won 3-1 at ibrox in the European cup.

17 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Must of been earlier than when I was there im sure we put them out need to check though as the memory is not what it used to be. Just checked you were there in 1969 cwc I was there 1987 drew 1-1 in Poland won 3-1 at ibrox in the European cup.

50 years ago ffs

No team gets to the play off round without being half decent. That side tonight were a goodish team if given more space. They were comfortable with the ball and tried to attack us but we were better. We need to be highly focused and on our game to reach the group stage

1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I'd rather forget 😊

I was at Ibrox for the second leg 3-1 defeat to Gornik - also just a boy! They had a good team - star man was Lubanski who ran our defence ragged. Davie White was sacked as manager after this defeat, and Willie Waddell appointed. I can still remember the 'White must go' chant towards the end of the game. Gornik went all the way to the Cup Winners Cup Final that season, and lost to Man City. 

12 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

I was at Ibrox for the second leg 3-1 defeat to Gornik - also just a boy! They had a good team - star man was Lubanski who ran our defence ragged. Davie White was sacked as manager after this defeat, and Willie Waddell appointed. I can still remember the 'White must go' chant towards the end of the game. Gornik went all the way to the Cup Winners Cup Final that season, and lost to Man City. 

used to have the programme from that game n my collection  ---- be great if we can get past the Poles this year

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

used to have the programme from that game n my collection  ---- be great if we can get past the Poles this year

I'm sure I still have my programme somewhere.  The 1969 Rangers team was underperforming with a manager who was struggling to impose his authority. Now we have a team moving towards its top gear, under a smart and authoritative boss, so these Poles will hopefully be beaten!

53 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

They were a really good side.  I was at that game as well.  Jim Baxter played and scored our goal.    It was looking reasonably good at that point then Lubanski ran us ragged.   I think Baxter only played 1 more competitive game for us after that.

8 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Can't read the cards mate but thanks for the reminder.

I've actually made an error there, BB. That black vase trophy was presented to us by GKS Katowice when we played them at Ibrox in the 1988-89 season UEFA Cup. It was carved from a solid block of coal from one of the many mines in Katowice. Where I got mixed up was because  GKS Katowice and Górnik Zabrze were bitter rivals back then and of course are from the same urban area of Silesia.

My apologies for that.

9 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I loved the food and drink and hospitality the last time I went to see the gers in Poland but the polish vodka is lethal lol.

If you stick to Belvedere and Żubrówka (Bison grass) you can't go far wrong, BB. Never get into a vodka drinking session with a group of Poles though, because when you scull it down, your glass is immediately filled again. When I lived at Radzyminska in the Praga district in 2017  I went into the little shop next door and picked up a litre bottle of "Vodka" to bring back to Australia. I noticed a red ☠️ on the bottle and a  label that  said: OSTRZEŻENIE- Nie pić nierozcieńczonym: 97% dowód. which basically translated is; Warning- Do not drink undiluted: 97% Proof.:nailbiting:Talk about fucking rocket fuel.