Porto

Just back from holiday in Portugal, and spent a little time in Porto, so took in the opportunity to to visit the Estádio do Dragão.  Apart from being one of my favourite European teams (for personal reasons, aside from Seville :lol:), I found some other curious facts that I didn't know whilst touring the museum.   Firstly is their original club badge (below) is an absolute belter.  They sold some stuff with this badge on it in the shop, but nothing that took my fancy or I'd have been buying!

Also, they have a roll of legends listed at the club and from my perspective, I was astounded to see the name "Nuno Capucho" on there and the name "Pedro Mendes" wasn't!  

If you're into stadium tours this is a good one to do.  Stadium itself was great, albeit the tour guide was in too much of a hurry, but the museum is probably one of the best I've been to.  Plenty on Seville including the original tactics board (still marked up) that Jose used for the game.

latest?cb=20180903153512

7 minutes ago, Blue Rino said:

Don't think it was the last min tbh, maybe inside last 10?

Dont even think it was that late, i remember the mullet making an unbelievable save amongst other good ones after we equalised as they fucking camped us in our own half

If it was the last ten mins then they felt like 30 lol

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Dont even think it was that late, i remember the mullet making an unbelievable save amongst other good ones after we equalised as they fucking camped us in our own half

If it was the last ten mins then they felt like 30 lol

Found this on the Rangers website and I am like you as it felt it was longer than this.

(Only seven minutes remained when Ross McCormack seized upon an inviting knock down from fellow substitute Chris Burke to thrash a fierce shot beyond the untested Vitor Baia to earn Rangers a precious point.)

1 hour ago, Blue Rino said:

Found this on the Rangers website and I am like you as it felt it was longer than this.

(Only seven minutes remained when Ross McCormack seized upon an inviting knock down from fellow substitute Chris Burke to thrash a fierce shot beyond the untested Vitor Baia to earn Rangers a precious point.)

7 fucking minutes!!! I mind it being way longer, wattereus must have broke a record with saves in that 7mins then, he was phenomenal that night

3 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Just back from holiday in Portugal, and spent a little time in Porto, so took in the opportunity to to visit the Estádio do Dragão.  Apart from being one of my favourite European teams (for personal reasons, aside from Seville :lol:), I found some other curious facts that I didn't know whilst touring the museum.   Firstly is their original club badge (below) is an absolute belter.  They sold some stuff with this badge on it in the shop, but nothing that took my fancy or I'd have been buying!

Also, they have a roll of legends listed at the club and from my perspective, I was astounded to see the name "Nuno Capucho" on there and the name "Pedro Mendes" wasn't!  

If you're into stadium tours this is a good one to do.  Stadium itself was great, albeit the tour guide was in too much of a hurry, but the museum is probably one of the best I've been to.  Plenty on Seville including the original tactics board (still marked up) that Jose used for the game.

latest?cb=20180903153512

Maybe Pedro didn't get in because he moved to Sporting from us ....

Was a fantastic player.

4 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

latest?cb=20180903153512

Did you find Madeline?

On 15/08/2019 at 14:39, coopsleftboot said:

latest?cb=20180903153512

Have done the tour. An amazing stadium and they use every part of the stadium. Even the area for the buses is a museum.

Huge club.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived