Left back

GOAT

24 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Bang on the money.

No harm to Flanagan and to be brutally honest, he was shit tonight. He just aint cutting it

Get Andy in and let him make it his own. He has earned it.

Flanagan looked like he was breathing out his arse at full time

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I think the same and if that’s the case then surely he should look to move him on and get somebody else in? It’s weird how he’s been so ruthless with every other player who hasn’t convinced and yet he’s willing to persist with him and give him loads of chances.

That's the thing....Gerrard publicly had a go at Barisic last season regarding what he thought was BB going down injured too easily....he basically told him to man up to play for Rangers....I don't see BB ever being physical enough for the Scottish game 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Totally agree.

Said it over and over this summer but Barisic has not made more mistakes than Halliday at LB. Both have had many average-decent games but one gets rated and the other slated for similar performances.

Andy has a spine. Therein lies the difference.

Halliday hasn’t had a bad game since Gerrard arrived , sound enough defensively and contributes going forward , I like Flanagan , at fault for the goal tonight but sticks up for his team mates and is usually solid enough defensively, never going to create but he gives jones or whoever is playing left mid a license to only go the one way , forward 👍🏻👌🏻

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People slate Barisic yet Flanagan costs us more goals. 2 goals in two games are his fault. Could have been more tbh.

Also Barisic gets slated for passing backwards, that's all Flanagan can do!

Give Barisic a run or buy a new LB.

He’s not perfect but Flanagan is giving us his all and shites out nothing 

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

It's almost as if people love the fact barasic has made a few mistakes just so they can point them out. Almost a case of I told you so

I’m probably his biggest critic , but wanting him to be shite couldn’t be further from the truth , I want him to do well and if he was showing full commitment then the odd mistake here and there would be no problem , but when you watch him hide and pull out of challenges that if we had his chance to wear that shirt would be going into bawz first then he can get to fuck , Chris Burke bullies him FFS I honestly think he’ll breath a sigh of relief when he’s not playing 

I would love to see Barasic getting back his starting position if he could start playing better, but it seems at the moment Stevie does not trust him. What game apart from Sunday is he going to trust him in next ?? If he does not start in Poland and I very much doubt he will, then we really need a new left back before the window closes.

I like Andy and he has played his best in big games, but he is not really a LB, but has not let us down and I would put him in before Flanagan. Many will disagree. 

Flanagan is a RB playing at LB and while he is not the worst I do not think he is what we need. At the moment Stevie seems to think he is the best we have, which is slightly concerning, but he picks the team and seems to be making good decisions with all the other positions.

LB is the only part of the team IMO that is not the same quality as all the other positions so it is only right as fans we are highlighting that fact. Will it be solved before the window closes ? I have no idea. 

We need a natural left back in the sqaud. Flanagan and halliday can come in and do jobs through the season but neither are natural left backs. Square peg round hole comes to mind. 

If the manager has lost trust in Barisic, looking likely. Then we do need a new left back before the window is closed. 

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We need a natural left back in the sqaud. Flanagan and halliday can come in and do jobs through the season but neither are natural left backs. Square peg round hole comes to mind. 

If the manager has lost trust in Barisic, looking likely. Then we do need a new left back before the window is closed. 

I don't think he has lost trust in any of them, I think he genuinely doesn't know who the best option is there.