Left back

GOAT

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

That really is the situation we are in,  three left backs and non of them are good enough. We need a new one either now or in January, I would prefer one now.  

We need a new left back now mate. Going into the league and Europa we need it settled. Would be surprised if we don’t beat Legia. 

38 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

We need a new left back now mate. Going into the league and Europa we need it settled. Would be surprised if we don’t beat Legia. 

I agree that we do mate, just not sure Stevie thinks the same. We will see soon I suppose. 

Not signing a first choice left back could be the defining decision of this season imo. Good managers, teams and players will take advantage of this obvious weak spot over the course of the season if the problem isn't addressed. 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Barisic has been a let down everyone knows that but still wouldn't like to see him replaced for the sake of it, has to be a genuine upgrade and I don't know that we'll get that in the time left tbh

Absolutely mate. Has to be an upgrade. I would like to think the scouting staff are on this. 👍

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If Barisic can’t get a game against East Fife after not playing in our previous three or four games then he’s nothing more than deadweight and we need to get rid of him.

Or he plays Thursday because the other two played themselves out of a start. If he doesn't play on Thursday we need to sell him before the deadline. 

3 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

Wish people would give it a rest with the Greg Taylor pish. He's absolutely no better than the 3 guys we've already got. 

Disagree tbh. Think he is a better defender than Barasic and Halliday. He's far more natural in that position than Flanagan.   He's 21. He's probably been best left back in the league for about 16 month playing alongside pretty average players.  Has pre-existing relationship with JJ on the field.   His biggest weakness is he isn't that great going forward, I think our coaching staff would improve him.  

End of the day all about opinions but I think he'd be a safe bet to improve our problem position, could have good resell value and would give us a solid 7/8 out of ten each week.  

53 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I would give Barisic one last chance on Thursday. The skill level is clearly  higher than the other two, he just lacks confidence and passion. A good game in Poland could go a long way. I won't hold my breath....... and besides, I think Gerrard will select Flanagan.

No chance Gerrard starts him away from home in Europe, Flanagan starts that all day long.

Have we no decent young left backs in the youths or development team that could step up? If that is your position, and you're not getting a sniff despite how poor the 3 pros are trying but failing in that position, I'd reckon your career would be best served elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Have we no decent young left backs in the youths or development team that could step up? If that is your position, and you're not getting a sniff despite how poor the 3 pros are trying but failing in that position, I'd reckon your career would be best served elsewhere

The boy in the Colts squad squad against Stranraer the other night was 17 years old,  not like we've a lad at 20 and not knocking on the door

I think we wanted Max Lowe - there were certainly noises that we did anyway - but possibly couldn’t get him (Derby rejected a 1.5 million bid from Brentford for him before the window shut and are playing him now) but because we couldn’t get him we are back to the drawing board a little bit.

It's the one area of our side that is concerning me the most.

There is absolutely no point in Barisic being here because he ain't going to get a run of games in the team if he can't play on plastic pitches. 

Flanagan can be solid at times then he gives you moments where you're left wondering what in the actual fuck is he playing at? Plus he offers nothing going forward. 

Halliday has been here for nearly 5 years now and will never be good enough, nothing against him personally or have an agenda towards him like some do, but that's just the way it is. 

If we had a LB half as good as Tav we'd be frightening.