***The Official East Fife v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

Is this game on yet another artificial pitch?    If so then I can't see Defoe or Morelos being risked, and Barasic is bound to not fancy the surface.      I doubt if the likes of Aribo and Ojo would be risked on that surface.  Ditto Arfield, Jack and Davis.   Maybe even expensive signing Helander might not be risked on that surface unless the need for game time overrides the risk of injury for him.        It all depends too on who  Gerrard had in mind when he referred to players who were giving him sly looks etc because they are pressing for games but not being picked.

How about a bit of a  experimental side of ...……………..

Firth

Polster - Edmundson - [Helander or Goldson] - Halliday

Docherty - Stewart - Hastie - Barker

Jones - McPake 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Is this game on yet another artificial pitch?    If so then I can't see Defoe or Morelos being risked, and Barasic is bound to not fancy the surface.      I doubt if the likes of Aribo and Ojo would be risked on that surface.  Ditto Arfield, Jack and Davis.   Maybe even expensive signing Helander might not be risked on that surface unless the need for game time overrides the risk of injury for him.        It all depends too on who  Gerrard had in mind when he referred to players who were giving him sly looks etc because they are pressing for games but not being picked.

Firth

Jones - McPake 

Are we looking for a way to get put out??? 

29 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Firth

Jones - McPake 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d0b5167d2ecc009fc7

6 hours ago, ronniescu said:

Don't know if their ground has changed or moved, but 50 years ago, it was the horriblest place I ever played. And that's saying something.

Old Bayview of the crumbling terraces has gone, they have a new Meccano set effort in roughly the same place as the old ground I think. Anyway, hopefully we have an easier time than when I last visited Bayview in the League Cup, they took it to penalties and if memory serves, we were one sudden death kick from going out. Nicky Walker may have been the goalie that night that kept us in the competition, although I am not 100% sure on that.

Fod 

Tav Goldson Helander Halliday

Polster

Docherty           Aribo 

Stewart    Defoe    Jones

3-0 Defoe Stewart 2

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Firth

Jones - McPake 

Bayview Stadium, home to East Fife FC has become the latest Scottish club to select the innovative GreenFields MX Elite, a woven 3G artificial sports system for its new pitch.  Someone mentioned Murphy .  Don't think so somehow.

2 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Old Bayview of the crumbling terraces has gone, they have a new Meccano set effort in roughly the same place as the old ground I think. Anyway, hopefully we have an easier time than when I last visited Bayview in the League Cup, they took it to penalties and if memory serves, we were one sudden death kick from going out. Nicky Walker may have been the goalie that night that kept us in the competition, although I am not 100% sure on that.

It was Chris Woods in goal mate.   We won 5-4 on pens.     Old Bayview was about half a mile away further into the centre of Methil.  It wasn't on the shoreline.

Wes

Polster Edmundson Helander Barasic 

Docherty           Kamara

King 

Stewart                              Jones

Defoe                    

Hopefully get McPake and possibly Mebude some game time from the bench 

2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Wes

Polster Edmundson Helander Barasic 

Docherty           Kamara

King 

Stewart                              Jones

Defoe                    

Hopefully get McPake and possibly Mebude some game time from the bench 

Like that team except Barasic, I d have Halliday on as captain.

11 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

6 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

Like that team except Barasic, I d have Halliday on as captain.

Forgot about Halliday 😂 I’d play Barasic anyway though he needs games this could be a perfect one to get his confidence up, if he doesn’t play in this then his cards are surely marked.

I'm not suggesting they're great, or even in any way likely to get a result, but they have beaten Hearts on penalties and Dundee Hivs over 90 mins this season. I wonder if there will be the wholesale changes most of us are suggesting or whether there will still be a number of the regular faces start supplemented by those getting a chance.

32 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not suggesting they're great, or even in any way likely to get a result, but they have beaten Hearts on penalties and Dundee Hivs over 90 mins this season. I wonder if there will be the wholesale changes most of us are suggesting or whether there will still be a number of the regular faces start supplemented by those getting a chance.

Hopefully bit of both, keep the winning mentality going and get this tournament won

Archived