***The Official East Fife v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

Between the howling gale, a plastic pitch and a team of ten changes thrown together, a bit harsh to write anyone off.

Pretty much everyone looked a bit uncomfortable and wooden from the off.

Aribo, Jones and Defoe looked the best of them imo and a three goal win a decent result in the circumstances, but is was a hard watch.

I think on a grass pitch and less of a gale, it would have been a different game, with more fluency and more goals. Thought it was still a good experiment though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, HG5 said:

I think the conditions hindered everybody today, so I’ll cut them a bit of slack for once.

That said, I think 10 changes is a lot to handle.

When you’re introducing guys who (even at this early stage) are falling behind on game time, it helps to have a core of ‘main men’ to help settle them in.

👍

Spot on mate ..... too many changes made this group of players look like the squad of 2012 ..... the windy weather and the pitch didn't help either .... this was not a good decision from SG as it never allowed the players to normally blend in to the main core of the first team .... glad we won in the end but SG is the one who needs to take a more thoughtful look at things .... this type of tactic will be unacceptable in the next round against Livingston .... on another shit plastic pitch ..... as you say we need more of our "main men" playing in the next round to be able to realistically judge this second string of players.

:UK:

9 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

Spot on mate ..... too many changes made this group of players look like the squad of 2012 ..... the windy weather and the pitch didn't help either .... this was not a good decision from SG as it never allowed the players to normally blend in to the main core of the first team .... glad we won in the end but SG is the one who needs to take a more thoughtful look at things .... this type of tactic will be unacceptable in the next round against Livingston .... on another shit plastic pitch ..... as you say we need more of our "main men" playing in the next round to be able to realistically judge this second string of players.

Indeed, mate - my mind kept rolling back to that Falkirk game, too🙈.

Feel sorry for some of the guys who weren’t able to take their chance yesterday.

When I saw them against the Gibraltans, I thought they all showed up really well.

For Livi, 3-4 changes, tops, should be enough to freshen it up, give the fringe guys some minutes, with the comfort of a bit of talent / experience alongside.

9 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Indeed, mate - my mind kept rolling back to that Falkirk game, too🙈.

Feel sorry for some of the guys who weren’t able to take their chance yesterday.

When I saw them against the Gibraltans, I thought they all showed up really well.

For Livi, 3-4 changes, tops, should be enough to freshen it up, give the fringe guys some minutes, with the comfort of a bit of talent / experience alongside.

👍

Spot on again mate ..... our first choice players would have found it difficult to acclimatise to the playing conditions yesterday .... in fairness to the lads who did play ... it was not the best of places to go to show what they are all about.

Not any of them let us down .... one or two had an off day that's all.

57 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

Spot on again mate ..... our first choice players would have found it difficult to acclimatise to the playing conditions yesterday .... in fairness to the lads who did play ... it was not the best of places to go to show what they are all about.

Not any of them let us down .... one or two had an off day that's all.

I must say, conditions on the last 2 Sundays must make a number of them wonder what they’ve bought into!

😂

Archived