The Steven Gerrard effect.

King Jela

Thing that’s impressed me more is man management of players. Seems to keep the team very happy and upbeat even when players aren’t playing. Makes me think he’s got everyone striving to go forward. He has also appeared to improve players that were there’s with him leaps and bounds. Morelos, Tavernier, Jack and even Halliday. 

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

The board rolled the dice with this appointment.  Putting a rookie manager in charge after the utter failures of McCoist and Murty seemed like we were repeating past mistakes.  Luckily for us Gerrard is the real deal.  We're playing a very modern 4-3-3 counter pressing system that must've been inspired by the way Liverpool play.  Gerrard trains with these guys everyday and knows who can do a job for us and who can't.  I really do think he can bring us success.  If he wins us the league this year he'll be an Ibrox legend.  

What the fuck is your avatar about btw? 

Gerrard is the best thing to happen to our club since Walter Smith returned. Our squad is indeed night and day from where it was before he took over. Hes certainly building something with us and we are now getting players of genuine quality instead of some of the dross we've seen.  I'm getting excited about how it's all going so far and there's going to be bumps along the road but Gerrard is a real leader of men and in him I trust!

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Midtylland a CL regular? Only 6 qualifiers in their history.

To be fair Gerrard has been backed more than previous managers and some of those players that day people were wax lyrical when we signed them.

There is without question positive signs but this time last year we heard the same and then dropped 5 points in back to back games against the scum and Motherwell.

I'm more confident about Gerrard then previously and like how he portrays himself and his style of football but will be judged on results, trophies and challenging for the league. 

Hopefully he proves me wrong from my previous posts regarding him. 👌

even your attempt at positivity is negative.  How anyone could doubt Gerrard is absurd. He knows football inside out.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Better players than Gerrard have failed as managers!

He's done nothing major yet to have a claim he can't be 'doubted'..

If Gerrard doesn't win a trophy this year is it acceptable and would he be regarded as a successful appointment? 

This is the kind of positivity RM has been missing for a while! Refreshing. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Better players than Gerrard have failed as managers!

He's done nothing major yet to have a claim he can't be 'doubted'..

If Gerrard doesn't win a trophy this year is it acceptable and would he be regarded as a successful appointment? 

Bet you're a fucking blast at parties.

Gerrard is a football purist! I’ve said it once, I’ll say it a million times

unlike defoe he enjoyed a bevvy once or twice during his career (at the right times I’d bet) but this is the guy who got dumped by Jennifer Ellison because he was a bore (her words att) and wanted to stay in at the weekends, watch motd and go to his bed

a tidy big cow that would drag most men down the wrong path singing & dancing, as yer career goes tits up but to Steven Gerrard football is his high, his drug of choice and I’m glad we’re benefitting from it

a proper expression of football daft!

When he was brought in we were told that he ticked every box apart from experience. 

Now he has a year behind him and he seems to have learned a lot. 

We were also told we needed 50m to catch the tarriers. Now with some good work from  Mike Allan and the manager himself we have a squad easily worth far more than 50m. 

Since then the tarriers have lost their manager and replaced him with a ticking time bomb. 

The league for me is only ours to lose now. Just a matter of some people holding their nerve and staying focused on the job. 

What a difference the right group of people on the football side of things can make 

The man's a born winner. A gifted footballer and leader. He was an inspired choice and is coming into his own. The team are displaying the togetherness, tempo and ability that could be very fruitful indeed this season.

Each game at a time though as I'm sure the Manager will have mentally tattooed upon this very promising full of potential squad.

Don't want to tempt fate but the signs are good, very good.

9 minutes ago, Malvern said:

That's a given Sparkle, no support in the world would have reacted to our treatment and shoved it in the face of everyone, best thing is there is a damn good chance we get 55 this year and not allow those Paedo harbouring scum to get another 9.

Despite the sandcastle trampling and attempted murder of innocent disabled people 🙄 - I do believe we are the most loyal support in the world.  This last few years would have seen off 99% of the rest.  

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Our match day squad a year ago against Hibs in that 5-5 'thriller' compared to now is night and day. We had Alnwick, Bates, Martin, Holt, Rossitter, Candeias, Cummings, Sean Goss all starting for us with Windass, Hodson and Alves coming on! 3rd best squad in a league where a weakened tarried team absolutely walked it to the first ever double treble. Now a year on under Steven Gerrard and we're bringing on Jermaine Defoe for our 30 goal a season striker that got a double on the night against a Midtjylland team that we've absolutely pumped over 2 legs,a champions league regular btw that the English big boys can't beat away from home. 

Had my doubts about him and have had over the summer before the season even started, could argue knee jerk/drama queen, but fuck me what a fucking difference this guy has made and who knows what position we could be in in another year's time with another year's experience behind him? Hopefully as champions. We're very, very luck to have him. The good days are returning and it's all down to him, the gaffer. 

Jimmy Nicholl tells a mean after dinner speech about that day.

29 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Thank fuck McInnes said no. Thank fucking fuck.

No thanks to the many in here who were drooling over him.

I can clearly rember the shite I took for backing the Stevie G and some even on this thread.

The man is a born leader, a winner and has forgot more about the game than the dross up here would ever know. He's also a good square go merchant and take on any cunt.

Yellow fang knows his place with him and it shows. 

I know it’s very early in Mr Gerrard’s managerial career but in my opinion he is showing all the characteristics of being one of the best managers we’ve ever had and that this country might ever have seen.

People outside the club (and some of our own) may mock that idea but every manager starts off their career without having any trophies in the bag. I doubt by the end of his career as a manager he won’t have won anything.

He is class personified as well, he’s made the odd dodgy comment but no more than anyone else has done and far less than some more experienced managers have across any season-and-a-bit.

The video released from his first training sessions last year where he was talking about doing a real proper press and not just shuffling about was a great early sign for me and, barring a couple of games which you will always get in a season, the team have shown a willingness to run through walls for him. That’s a very special quality to have.