Greg Docherty

CoatbridgeBear

I think Docherty will prove to be a great player but unfortunately the level of competition for midfield places at the minute means he prob won't get enough game time to prove it and we don't have the luxury of being able to let players have a run of games and develop over time. Although a different player, he had similar stats to Aribo last season in league 1 and had a few championship clubs such as Hull City sniffing round him. I think another loan deal would be best, he needs to be playing every week.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s the same shite people resort to when people don’t rate a player or manager.

Happens with Barisic, happened with Pedro, and with Gerrard last season. Load of fucking shite argument.

What point you making here?

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Dropped from European squad. 

Aye him and Helander have been replaced by King and Barker.

Would like to see him go on loan to a SPFL team as I'm not sure he's in the gaffers plans.

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Its a hard one , when he gets the chance hes got to stand out and other than one run yesterday he never.

Dont think he will be here much longer but we may regret punting him......

I agree, to be fair the only person of any real quality yesterday was Aribo. It’s the worst pitch I’ve ever seen, most unnatural bounces ever.

I see Docherty has been dropped from the squad v Warsaw in favour of King.

I think thats mainly why King was brought in as SG doesn't have the required level of confidence in Docherty, especially for bigger games.

1 hour ago, southcoastbear said:

Do we need to organise a schedule of matches for our reserve team  like we did for our highly successful development squad  to help the likes of Docherty and Stewart ?

I think they are looking at doing this as there we have withdrawn from the Reserve League this year alongside 8 other clubs.

Never good enough to play for us , not the lads fault , it’s whoever during our shocking season 2 years ago said “I know what will turn this around lets sign the Hamilton centre midfielder” fault , of course he’s going to jump at the chance to come to his boyhood heroes but the harsh reality is he should never have been signed 

Just can’t see him getting the opportunity this season given the number of options in there. Can’t speak for the level of Andy King, I’ve no clue what to expect from him but given he’s taken Doc’s place in the European squad so quickly tells you enough about what the gaffer’s thoughts are. I’d send him out on loan again

51 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Docherty seemed to find his level at Shrewsbury  -- feel we really need to offload him, Holt and Dorrans but sadly don't seem to have offers for any of them.

Manager said yesterday the squad a bit heavy, or words tonyhst effect.

ie, to me, far too many midfielders trying to tie down about 7 first team squad slots.

Some good players in that list, who could do a job for a few good sides.

9 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Manager said yesterday the squad a bit heavy, or words tonyhst effect.

ie, to me, far too many midfielders trying to tie down about 7 first team squad slots.

Some good players in that list, who could do a job for a few good sides.

...........................but who probably would not attract the salaries they are on at Rangers -- leaves us stuck. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/rarely-seen-Rangers-player-blows-away-gerrard-co-in-training-ibrox-sources/

Would like to see Docherty get some more game time..always seems to give 100% and I think he could kick on with a extended run in the squad...just dont know who he replaces.

Archived