Who should be our first choice left back?

Who Should Be Our First Choice Left Back?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be our first choice left back?

Just now, DBBTB said:

Flanagan was picked up as a freebie squad player after a shite loan spell in the Championship at somewhere like Bolton.

Barisic was signed with high expectations after impressing for us, for decent money and was expected to add a whole new attacking dimension to our team and he hasn’t done it.

Barisic’s performances maybe haven’t been much better or worse than Flanagan’s have but he’s rightly being judged more harshly because he had more to live up to and there were higher expectations  of him. Flanagan and Halliday can get away with putting in a 6/10 performance every week because that’s par for their ability. Barisic can’t because it’s below par for his ability.

Pretty much spot on with this post. I don't think it's the fact Barisic has been spectacularly bad and in no way worse than the other 2 but people are expecting way better performances from him and rightly so

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Going by the performances we have seen from all three , Haliday is easily the best and most consistent of the lot.

Comes as no surprise that Barasic is favoured by the experts on here.......

Opinions on here don't matter, it's down to the manager, and he isn't picking Halliday.  If Halliday was easily the best LB at the club then he would be playing.

Just now, TMB said:

Opinions on here don't matter, it's down to the manager, and he isn't picking Halliday.  If Halliday was easily the best LB at the club then he would be playing.

None of them get any amount of games in a row not just Haliday.

IMO hes easily the best of the three.....

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Villarreal away? He had a very good game and the goal is completely nit picking. It was a good goal from a very good player, better defenders than Barisic concede such goals. Goldson made two bigger errors last night that are completely ignored.

Bullied every away game? Motherwell 3-3, Livi 0-3, Hibs 0-0, Kilmarnock 1-3 are games he was not bullied.

Halliday had weak games vs Dundee, Hibs x2, Killie x 3 at LB alone nevermind CM.

Gerrard even said he’s a shite bag , grezda has been totally written off and rightly so he’s been no worse than Barisic 

Just now, sassaaaa said:

None of them get any amount of games in a row not just Haliday.

IMO hes easily the best of the three.....

If Halliday is easily the best of the 3 then why isn't Steven Gerrard playing him at LB?  Gerrard sees Barisic, Flanagan, and Halliday, every day in training perhaps he has a different opinion to you.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Then there is the RB slot. Again not any better imo than the LB.

Poor outballs. Square passing. Poor final balls. Out of position. Happens pretty much every game. 

Haven't seen a polished performance this season in that slot.

If that is the standard, we aint aiming high. Living on his performances on the latter part of last season.

We have pretty much improved on every area, but not in LB or RB. IMO, our two weakest areas. Is Polson it? I guess we'll never know, because Tav doesn't get benched.

I notice Alfie was picked up by some on misplaced passes, but no one appears to pick up on Tav's, which have been far more. Strange.

Incoming.......

You saying Tavernier isn’t good enough to be our right back? Stupid comment

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

That would be completely fair, however when people claim Barisic's actual performances have been 'much worse' or Halliday has been consistently or hes much better than both, its just completely wrong. 

If Barisic was not at the club Halliday's performances would be judged more correctly. 

Exaggeration happens all the time on social media and forums though doesn’t it?  You have people overrating  and underrating both players performances and ability on both sides of the argument for all three players.

Personally I think Gerrard needs to either piss or get off the pot when it comes to Barisic. He’s either his first choice left back and he needs to give him games to build confidence or he needs to get rid of him and being somebody else because although I  think Halliday or Flanagan are useful for certain situations they aren’t the answer long term either.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

If Halliday is easily the best of the 3 then why isn't Steven Gerrard playing him at LB?  Gerrard sees Barisic, Flanagan, and Halliday, every day in training perhaps he has a different opinion to you.

He also thought Grezda , Stewart and plenty others were good players and turned out to be shite.

Haliday has performed better than the other two everytime hes been put in , thats my opinion , you are still allowed them on here.

17 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Going by the performances we have seen from all three , Haliday is easily the best and most consistent of the lot.

Croatian internationalist gets him away with murder , was the very same with the other shitebag Bruno Alves , never had as many hamstring injury’s in his career as he did with us , couldn’t cope with Motherwell hearts players etc getting in about him ,All his praise was based on what he’d done previously in his career  , means fuck all when he’s getting thrown about like an empty jacket in the 15 spl games he didn’t pretend to be injured  , What they do with us is what matters

15 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Just now, sassaaaa said:

He also thought Grezda , Stewart and plenty others were good players and turned out to be shite.

Haliday has performed better than the other two everytime hes been put in , thats my opinion , you are still allowed them on here.

That's right, opinions are allowed on here.  You may want to remember that when typing things like "Barasic is favoured by the experts on here".  You're no expert either.  

15 minutes ago, TMB said:

That's right, opinions are allowed on here.  You may want to remember that when typing things like "Barasic is favoured by the experts on here".  You're no expert either.  

Point i was making was most on here say Barasic is our best FB , hes done absolutely fuck all to justify such claims.......

Think Barisic will win this as he has the highest ceiling. If all three were Croatian he’d be ahead of them for Croatia. 

There must be a player in him but I’m hoping he is just so devoid of confidence and I’m hoping that he’s one fucking belter of a challenge away from becoming a Croatian Papac. 

Just now, TMB said:

On the contrary, his status as Croatia's starting LB puts an immense level of expectation on him.  

I think it’s bought him much more time with the support mate , Flanagan had a blip last night and suddenly there’s a left back crisis  , Barisic’s been churning out half hearted poor performances since he came and people still think he’ll come good , how long we giving this ? 

Barisic is the most valuable and talented LB we have at the club, however, he is totally devoid of confidence. He is also the one that cost money so he should be played or sold.  Squad strength has improved but we still can not afford to shell out £1m+ on players and then rarely play them. 

34 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Correct hes pish ,fuck knows what people are basing that on cause it's no any games hes played for us 

Just because he's been poor for us does not make him a bad player, many a player has signed for us and them with good pedigree and for whatever reason it's not worked out one way or another. Likewise the people saying Alves is a pish player. Yes for us he was but not throughout his career. The main dif between Barisic and the others we have had over the last few years is Barisic is still young enough to make a career with us however I don't think the manager has any faith in him whatsoever so in that case he MUST be sold regardless as that's a relationship that will never work now I'm afraid

Halliday and Flanagan can do jobs at left back through the season. But it's square pegs in round holes. 

Barisic is the natural left back of the 3 but it looks like the manager has lot his trust in him. If that's the case them we need to sign a natural left back before the window is out.  

9 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Just because he's been poor for us does not make him a bad player, many a player has signed for us and them with good pedigree and for whatever reason it's not worked out one way or another. Likewise the people saying Alves is a pish player. Yes for us he was but not throughout his career. The main dif between Barisic and the others we have had over the last few years is Barisic is still young enough to make a career with us however I don't think the manager has any faith in him whatsoever so in that case he MUST be sold regardless as that's a relationship that will never work now I'm afraid

Hes been pish  for us,doesn't matter what hes done elsewhere to me ,I agree he must be sold