Who should be our first choice left back?

Who Should Be Our First Choice Left Back?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be our first choice left back?

I think we need to play barisic for half a dozen games if he’s still not looking up to it after 6 on the trot then punt him ASAP 

might be harsh or lenient depending on what your opinion of him is, personally I think he’s a good player but does he have the same mentality within that his country man possesses in spades? Fuck knows can’t remember him getting half a dozen games in a row but it’s the only way we’ll be able to tell once and for all

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

From what I’ve read on here and from conversations I’ve had with people I think there is a bit of a generational divide when it comes to Tav and what helps form people’s opinion on him.

What I’ve found is that older fans remember the days when full backs were steady eddies who were defensively minded first and foremost and then you have the younger fans who have grown up in an era where the defending aspect of being a full back has become completely secondary because their main function now is to be an additional attacker.

The older fans see a guy who can’t defend without giving him the credit he deserves for what he offers going forward - pace, power, stamina, great crossing ability - and the younger fans see all that but ignore or maybe don’t see that he’s not as strong defensively as full backs that the older fans might have grown up watching.

What about me? I said Barasic only looked good cause he was up against Tav just before we signed him.

7 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Then there is the RB slot. Again not any better imo than the LB.

Poor outballs. Square passing. Poor final balls. Out of position. Happens pretty much every game. 

Haven't seen a polished performance this season in that slot.

If that is the standard, we aint aiming high. Living on his performances on the latter part of last season.

We have pretty much improved on every area, but not in LB or RB. IMO, our two weakest areas. Is Polson it? I guess we'll never know, because Tav doesn't get benched.

I notice Alfie was picked up by some on misplaced passes, but no one appears to pick up on Tav's, which have been far more. Strange.

Incoming.......

The fuck is polsen?

Barisic was crap on the artificial  turf at Kilmarnock which everyone  knows he doesn't like.

Surely we need to play him and tell him to make a case to stay or to attract bids from other clubs.

Either way we get a performance  out of him .

Cant keep paying off contracts and let them walk away for nothing 

22 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I notice the weekly Tav appreciation threads have disappeared. Says it all.

I was going to start one on him, as it’s fairly obvious he has been working on his defensive awareness and positioning with the coaching staff. 

Which is all I ever asked of him.