Fans Who Went To Barcelona 72, Get Your Memories Posted.

tannerall

Our greatest achievement. Not long till the 50th anniversary.

Been much talked aboutof course, but this thread is for those who actually made it to Barcelona (and back) to give us their personal memories, and to add the character and the atmosphere of the event, especial the wee moments that are not usually remembered or documented. 

If you went and have not posted on here about it, or maybe not posted at all, now is the time................... 

7474980.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

1 minute ago, Prince George said:

I went down the front with my mate to go onto pitch at the end. When whistle went we piled on. I was pushed back by police and went back to group. By the time I got back game had restarted. It was not final whistle. My mate arrived back later with a large chunk of the turf and this came home with us. A big disappoint the players never came back out however understandable as the police were brutal.

I was actually asking that question to @tannerall mate because he hates anything like that but that's a class story and experience you've had 

@tannerall  FFS man 3 years Till 50 --- if you were in Barcelona and yes  I was you don't look three weeks in advance never mind three years. 🙂 

Flight out on the Sunday And returned on the Thursday night and was in the 120K crowd at Hampden for the Sco - Eng game -- lots of Sombreros in the Rangers end......  oh and my voice still hadn't come back. 

5 hours ago, Prince George said:

Trip including tickets £18

Seem to remember our flight - 4 nights around Salou - transfer to/from game and tickets were around 60 quid --- all booked thru A. T Mays in Partick.  Remember being at the travel agents (four 15/16 year olds) and there were tarrier cunts gettng refunds for their planned trip to the Euro final --- we never mentioned Dixie Deans - not even once. 

My main memory of Barcelona '72 was me being in an awful bad mood because, my 2 big brothers got to go, and I didn't. I was still at school, and both my brothers were working, was one of the many, many, excuses my parents used for not letting me go. I think that I might've been in the middle of exams at school, although it never stopped my mate from going. 

8 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

My main memory of Barcelona '72 was me being in an awful bad mood because, my 2 big brothers got to go, and I didn't. I was still at school, and both my brothers were working, was one of the many, many, excuses my parents used for not letting me go. I think that I might've been in the middle of exams at school, although it never stopped my mate from going. 

Did you at least get to watch it on the telly? 

That's a pretty rotten memory to have of that game. Well before my time, but at least we have Manchester even if we didn't win.

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

Did you at least get to watch it on the telly? 

That's a pretty rotten memory to have of that game. Well before my time, but at least we have Manchester even if we didn't win.

It wasn't live on the tv mate. I was listening to it on my radio in my bedroom. (Still in the huff)😇😇

I'm happy to dig out my Barcelona stuff. Proudest possession is the Bullfighter poster with the teams on. Same as the one in our trophy room though not signed.

Flew from Prestwick on a pink plane.

I went with Ewan Chester who was a school friend. ( I know one of Newcastle's scouts who knows our ex-chief scout so I asked him to ask Ewan next time he meets him if he remembers me).

On the way back I missed my coach and had to get a ride on some other bus. At the airport I was beside the Scotland Manager at the bar but I don't remember his name.

When the anniversary comes round I will re-post all my stuff. My blow up Rangers player still inflates. A Spanish cop with a big fancy hat wanted to buy him and tried to burst him with a cigar when I wouldn't sell.

I well remember the Ramblas and all the fans buying cheap booze by the suitcase full.

Certainly ranks as one of the best days of my life.

When I got home I was very surprised at the papers with headlines like 'Battle of Barcelona'. At the time it was nothing special. Just cops chasing us out of the stadium.

16 minutes ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

I'm happy to dig out my Barcelona stuff. Proudest possession is the Bullfighter poster with the teams on. Same as the one in our trophy room though not signed.

Flew from Prestwick on a pink plane.

I went with Ewan Chester who was a school friend. ( I know one of Newcastle's scouts who knows our ex-chief scout so I asked him to ask Ewan next time he meets him if he remembers me).

On the way back I missed my coach and had to get a ride on some other bus. At the airport I was beside the Scotland Manager at the bar but I don't remember his name.

When the anniversary comes round I will re-post all my stuff. My blow up Rangers player still inflates. A Spanish cop with a big fancy hat wanted to buy him and tried to burst him with a cigar when I wouldn't sell.

I well remember the Ramblas and all the fans buying cheap booze by the suitcase full.

Certainly ranks as one of the best days of my life.

When I got home I was very surprised at the papers with headlines like 'Battle of Barcelona'. At the time it was nothing special. Just cops chasing us out of the stadium.

Was willie ormond manager in 72?

11 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Seem to remember our flight - 4 nights around Salou - transfer to/from game and tickets were around 60 quid --- all booked thru A. T Mays in Partick.  Remember being at the travel agents (four 15/16 year olds) and there were tarrier cunts gettng refunds for their planned trip to the Euro final --- we never mentioned Dixie Deans - not even once. 

My brother in law flew out and back on the same day. He told me on the way back the stewards were trying to get the fans into their seats to land with great difficulty as they were all in the isle singing Who put the first ball on the moon Dixie Dixie Deans. Still think it has been my best Rangers experience.

3 hours ago, Prince George said:

My brother in law flew out and back on the same day. He told me on the way back the stewards were trying to get the fans into their seats to land with great difficulty as they were all in the isle singing Who put the first ball on the moon Dixie Dixie Deans. Still think it has been my best Rangers experience.

I flew out & back same day also. On the way near Barcelona someone spotted the Nu Camp and the plane tipped over when we all went to that side.

Got my tickets from a travel agent up near Hampden. Collected them the same day as the Scottish Cup Final I believe.

4 hours ago, Prince George said:

Flight back we had a sobriety challenged fan going round the plane with a hat for the pilot.

11 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

We were fortunate that our exams were done, actually me one of my schoolmates on the pitch during the celebrations.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Hold on a minute, I watched it on tv. I'm almost sure of it. I was only 10.

Wasn't on live.... Home international game was on,. My sister and my dad listened to it on the radio, think about that next time anyone moans about the quality of a live stream.

18 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Wasn't on live.... Home international game was on,. My sister and my dad listened to it on the radio, think about that next time anyone moans about the quality of a live stream.

Fuck my memory is fading. Was it perhaps tape delay on tv because I remember being up late?