Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blues Brother

Helander

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

He did ok....it was a nonsense of a game, the reality is that Goldson & Katic  are first choice.....

On form it absolutely has to be Goldson and Katic the now

Good but we have other options and this time they're all our players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, philiprfc said:

I saw these rumours being posted on Twitter a week or so ago btw. Seems like a lot of shite.

If today was a brand new team (and in some ways it was) only Defoe and Aribo would have us interested.

We can’t tell much from today thanks to the team  never playing together and the godawful pitch and wind.

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

If today was a brand new team (and in some ways it was) only Defoe and Aribo would have us interested.

We can’t tell much from today thanks to the team  never playing together and the godawful pitch and wind.

I didn't really think the cb's put a foot wrong today, agreed probably not the best match to judge them, but thought Helander's pass into Defoe was a bit of a quality out from the back that we can always use more of.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/08/2019 at 08:10, MrMckee said:

Always thought spending that much on another CB was a waste of money. Katic and goldson look solid for the season and Edmundson looks decent too. As others said, a cheap back up would of sufficed. Should of signed halkett as a decent back up or scouted someone else in the English lower leagues that was rated for around the 500k - 1mil mark. 

Halkett was a no brainer for me. Didn't they sign him for nothing on a pre contract aswell? and probably not on significant wages either. I thought he was one of the top defenders in the league last season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OrangeRab said:

Halkett was a no brainer for me. Didn't they sign him for nothing on a pre contract aswell? and probably not on significant wages either. I thought he was one of the top defenders in the league last season

Did the lad not leave us searching for 1st team football?

StewGer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Did the lad not leave us searching for 1st team football?

yeh 3 years ago. Thought we would be appealing choice now tho. he's 24 in his prime. Might fancy himself to fight it out for a first place. Average wages at hearts 2k a week. He'd probably be on closer to 5 with us. so would have been tempting for sure. Just think 3.5million for Helander plus whatever he's on wages might have been better spent elsewhere if Gerrard sees Goldson and Katic as his main men. Having said that, I think the boy has looked good so far so good chance he forces himself into the starting XI soon

MrMckee likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Still doesn’t fill me with confidence, easily sitting 4th in the pecking order. 

I would agree simply because he hasn't played enough and Edmundson has looked handy when he has started .

Courtyard Bear likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Still doesn’t fill me with confidence, easily sitting 4th in the pecking order. 

I agree and his exclusion from Europe seems to be how Gerrard sees it also, at least for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I agree and his exclusion from Europe seems to be how Gerrard sees it also, at least for now.

Is his exclusion not for these next 2 games with a final squad to be submitted once we make the group stages?? If so talk about being over dramatic about nothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rabc10000 said:

Is his exclusion not for these next 2 games with a final squad to be submitted once we make the group stages?? If so talk about being over dramatic about nothing 

Yes it is for these two Euro ties only. And yes, it means he is 4th in the picking order atm. I'm not sure how facts make it sound dramatic?

OhW and rabc10000 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Yes it is for these two Euro ties only. And yes, it means he is 4th in the picking order atm. I'm not sure how facts make it sound dramatic?

Not you specifically but by most sounds like he's been written off already despite playing a handful of minutes. The usual waste of 3m etc etc never getting a game ahead of Katic or Goldson. 

We don't know yet if he is 4th choice although something tells me with him being chosen and the money spent on him that he will be a 1st pick once he's fully fit and match sharp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...