Who's the back up for Tav?

Following on from our manager saying he want's two players for each position (fair enough) - who would our stand in be at right back? If Polster, doubtful if he'll ever get a run in the team at this rate.

To be honest, apart from the home game via St Josephs, I can't remember the last time that Tav didn't play. Over 200 appearances in 4 years is some going.

5 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Following on from our manager saying he want's two players for each position (fair enough) - who would our stand in be at right back? If Polster, doubtful if he'll ever get a run in the team at this rate.

To be honest, apart from the home game via St Josephs, I can't remember the last time that Tav didn't play. Over 200 appearances in 4 years is some going.

Matt Polster and Jon Flanagan the likely ones to fill in if Tavernier gets injured or is rested. Incredible record of games played last season by our captain. Let's hope he stays fit for the full season again as I can't imagine us being as successful without him. He is pivotal to everything we hope to achieve this season.

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

Matt Polster and Jon Flanagan the likely ones to fill in if Tavernier gets injured or is rested. Incredible record of games played last season by our captain. Let's hope he stays fit for the full season again as I can't imagine us being as successful without him. He is pivotal to everything we hope to achieve this season.

Jesus wept.

Is your tongue aff the fler yet?

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

He's a footballer Ffs, not a god.

1 minute ago, JackAlex93 said:

What's your problem with my post? 

Pivotal?

Can't imagine us being successful without him?!

You do understand he is probably one of the poorest full backs ever to pull on the jersey? Just because football in this backwater has turned to shite, it doesn't equate to him being a great.

You do understand he has hardly kicked his arse since returning this summer?

You do understand that he can't get back?

You do understand his positioning is frightening?

You do understand just how many outballs, final balls, passes have been mislpaced since his return?

His forays forward, have been much less effective than previous.

As a captain, I'll leave it at that.

Now, who really are pivotal to our succes this season, are our keeper, central defence. Davis, Morelos and Defoe.The spine of the team. Then we have Aribo and Arfield, all way ahead of Tav. 

If my fucking life depended on it, the last guy in I would have at my back would be Tav. Well, probably Barisic.

Our wide defensive areas are our weakest and only every other team in the league see it.

Now on his game going foward, I think he is sublime, but of late I've seen nothing of it. He is certainly not the worst defender, but none of it makes him pivotal.

All imo of course, but taking this title will NOT be as a consequence of his performances. Replace him with Flanagan or Polster it will make little difference to our results.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pivotal?

You do understand he is probably one of the poorest full backs ever to pull on the jersey? Just because football in this backwater has turned to shite, it doesn't equate to him being a great.

You do understand just how many outballs, final balls, passes have been mislpaced since his return?

Now, who really are pivotal to our succes this season, are our keeper, central defence. Davis, Morelos and Defoe.The spine of the team. Then we have Aribo and Arfield, all way ahead of Tav. 

If my fucking life depended on it, the last guy in I would have at my back would be Tav. Well, probably Barisic.

Our wide defensive areas are our weakest and only every other team in the league see it.

Now on his game going foward, I think he is sublime, but of late I've seen nothing of it. He is certainly not the worst defender, but none of it makes him pivotal.

All imo of course, but taking this title will NOT be as a consequence of his performances. Replace him with Flanagan or Polster it will make little difference to our results.

Not surprised by your post/reply 

You hate just about all our players 

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pivotal?

Shut up ffs!

That's post's near as bad as the one I read from you last week stating something like your change and backing of King was all a ploy, you didn't really mean it, and only the intelligent posters realised :lol:

You live in a parallel universe to the rest of us.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

You talk some amount of shite.

For sure I do, but I'm certainly not alone. Not by a long shot.

Better one challenged the points with a counter argument.

For my case, let's start with the trully great full backs. Shearer, Caldow.........all the way up to when we were bumped 7 years ago. A few trully great captains among them also. 

Think I'll rest my case.