*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shuggy said:

I expect some TV announcement from Premier or BT. Even the plum tie of Wolves-Torino gets no mention in the listings I am looking at.

hope your right mate as I don't start work until 22.00 and with the early kick off I would get to see it.

Going to be really tough on Thursday and a massive step up to who we've faced so far. I'd take any kind of positive result tbh!

I'm going 0-0 or 1-1 if we can sneak one on the break.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Similar to what I said prior to the Danes, they can be got at defensively. Greeks created chances against them and we are much superior to them.

We put 7 past Midtjylland who had a decent defensive record before playing us, we'll have far too much firepower for Legia imo. 

They'll come out and have a go which as we all know suits us perfectly, Jones,Aribo and Ojo will run riot. 

23 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Similar to what I said prior to the Danes, they can be got at defensively. Greeks created chances against them and we are much superior to them.

That would be a big risk in my view, it's one thing doing it against East Fife but away to  St Mirren  when not fully fit? Can't see it personally mate.

He will play and one of the other 2 will drop out and be rested for the 2nd leg imo 

21 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Going to be really tough on Thursday and a massive step up to who we've faced so far. I'd take any kind of positive result tbh!

I'm going 0-0 or 1-1 if we can sneak one on the break.

It's not

Legia are not a step up to who we’ve played so far. Maribor and the danes were far better teams. 

This will be a tough game because everyone knows what is at stake.  The reality is they have not had a great season in any competition and their only positive seems to be they don't concede that many goals.   

They won't have faced a team like us for a few years now and If we keep it solid at the back I think we can win, maybe (hopefully) by a few goals. 

I’m cautiously confident. 

Dropping Helander out the Euro squad for King. Don't understand that one at all. King came on yesterday and his biggest contribution was ?  well nothing really can't recall his name being mentioned for time he was on the pitch. This is to be expected given the fact he has hardly kicked a ball in the last two seasons. So if required he is hardly going to make and telling contribution. Whereas if required Helander would make sense to have on the bench. 

It's a bit like naming Murphy on the bench yesterday, guys just back from an ACL injury picked up on a plastic pitch. Pointless him even being there.

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

Dropping Helander out the Euro squad for King. Don't understand that one at all. King came on yesterday and his biggest contribution was ?  well nothing really can't recall his name being mentioned for time he was on the pitch. This is to be expected given the fact he has hardly kicked a ball in the last two seasons. So if required he is hardly going to make and telling contribution. Whereas if required Helander would make sense to have on the bench. 

It's a bit like naming Murphy on the bench yesterday, guys just back from an ACL injury picked up on a plastic pitch. Pointless him even being there.

Would we really need 2 centre defenders on the bench? Helander is highly likely to start on Sunday against St Mirren I think.

10 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

38 appearances in the last two seasons, excluding a significant number of international games.

8 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

38 appearances in the last two seasons, excluding a significant number of international games.

Most of them the previous season. His loan to Derby was cut short in Feb due to injury after just four games.

Either way I don't see how his and Barker for that point earn their inclusion in the squad. 

Archived